






Something I miss is the market. When we lived in Ontario, Keith and I used to go to the St. Jacobs Farmers Market almost every week (particularly in the summer months). Early Saturday mornings we would go there and get some of our favourite things (including cinnamon buns!) Vancouver just doesn't really have anything that compares to the farmers markets found in Southwestern Ontario.
So you can just about imagine how exciting it was for Max to visit the Kitchener Farmers Market. My parents are venders at the market each Saturday. LeeAnne (Legs), Vanessa, Max and I decided to pay a little visit to them (Grandpa, Grandma & Heather) midway through the morning. Max was in his element. My mom is so great with him. She involved him in her activites and pretty soon he was helping take money and give back change to customers, putting items in bags and helping to sell things. She even paid him for being such a good helper. So not only is he a farmer, he's now also hooked on working at the market too.
While Max was busy "working", I took the opportunity to take lots of photo's (surprise surprise), check out the market with Legs and we bought some sweet apple cider, fresh flowers and...apples. You see, my little boy was busy selling "apples". If you got close enough to him at the stand you could hear him singing out "Buy my apples! Fifty dollars!" over and over again. Awww....how could I resist that? Obviously, I couldn't. (Don't worry....they didn't really cost fifty bucks.) We took them back to Vancouver with us and enjoyed them at snacktime throughout the next week.
Max also met the clown who works there each week. Mr. Clown wondered what kind of balloon toy Max would like. Max promptly requested a "race car". Without missing a beat he said "and besides a race car?!" (Obviously a race car was not part of his balloon shaping abilities) We came home with a little blue dog instead!
1 comment:
Awesome photos! I love the kitchener market too! I really need to get there more! lol
Post a Comment