Sunday, April 6, 2008

Cousin Time & Out-of-Control Dough (Ontario)













We love playdates! Whether they are at home here in Vancouver or in Ontario. Tuesday afternoon we went over to my sister-in-law Donna's for a little visit. Max and Kyle had fun playing together and little Mr. Kurtis observed them from a distance.

Check out that green and white barn that they are playing with. It's vintage baby! Keith and James received that for Christmas one year when they were little boys. It's in pretty good shape, eh? Their grandpa made it for them. If you double click on the pictures to make it bigger and you'll be able to see Keith's name on the side of it. Keith's name is on one side of the barn and James's name is on the other side. I thought it was pretty cute to see Max and Kyle "farming" together with the barn that belonged to their daddies. And here's a classic comment to separate the city slicker farmer (Max) from the Country Boy farmer (Kyle): Max was playing with a big round baler implement and he informed Kyle that "you just have to lift the back of this and the garbage will come out." I guess to him it resembled the garbage truck that stops by our house each week.

The night before I left to head back to BC, I was able to go to a wedding shower for my cousin Ros. She's gettting married in May. I got to catchup with my aunts and cousins and even meet a few new members of the family - including my cousin Marilou's little baby girl Mikayla and my newest little cousin Bridgette (my mom is holding her in the last photo). Babies change so much those first few months of their lives...I was glad I got to see them while they're still so new and tiny. :-)

When we got home from the wedding shower, a surprise awaited my mom. She was doing some yeast baking and put the dough in the fridge while we were gone so that it wouldn't rise out of control. Well it did anyway. We sure had some good laughs when she opened the fridge! And I even managed to catch it on my camera.

1 comment:

jenn said...

LOL the dough...thats fantastic that you had your camera! lol not so good about the dough... but LOL