Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Little Farmer (Ontario)







A certain little someone discovered the farmer within while we were in Ontario. My parents (very conveniently!) live on a dairy farm. And while Max has enjoyed checking out the animals in the barn on prior visits, this time was different. This time, he was obsessed with being a farmer.

Every afternoon around 4:00pm, he would don on his barn clothes. Which consisted of hand-me-down clothes from Aunt Vanessa. Gotta say, he looked pretty cute sporting hot pink barn boots and a lavender snowpants! Then he would tag along out to the barn with either Aunt Heather, Aunt Vanessa or Grandpa. There, he would play with Nicky (farm dog), chase the barn cats, help Aunt Heather feed hay to the cows, and assist Uncle Chad with "milking" the cows. Two hours later he would return back to the house with rosy cheeks, smelling like a "hummy" (little calf) and all full of farming information.

One afternoon I overheard the following conversation:

Max: "Uncle Chad...is it time to start farming yet?" (he meant milking the cows)
Chad: "Um not yet. Not for another half hour or so."
Max" "Awww. Let's start NOW!!!"


I kinda like the fact that I have a little farmer here at my house. I have a feeling down the road the Gerber's will have a willing little hired-hand who begs to visit when summer holidays roll around!

No comments: