Thursday, April 10, 2008

Good Evening!





*** Chirp! Chirp! ****

Ahhhh...the sound of crickets chirping. It's so quiet in here. I've been sadly neglecting my blog. No reason really except that it's been one of those busy weeks.

A busy week filled with all the regular kinds of things - preschool, swimming, music class, grocery shopping, laundry and errands.

This morning was Max's first soccer practice/session. It's big - there are 16 kids in this one and they have two instructors. We even know some of the other kids. Now that's exciting! There are some kids from preschool in this session, a couple kids from our neighbourhood/street and another kiddo that Max played tiny-tot hockey with. It's kinda nice to show up for something and be able to say "Hey!" to people that you know and recognize. It's one of those things you totally don't realize that you take for granted when you've lived in a community for your whole life. Connections and relationships. Move somewhere where you don't know a soul. You start over at square one. You wouldn't believe how excited I was the first time I was at the mall and actually heard someone calling out my name. Sounds like a small thing, but it's etched in my mind forever.

Keith is driving over to Kelowna tonight. He has meetings at the head office tomorrow. He's taking one of the company cars over there. And flying back tomorrow night so Max and I will pick him up at the airport.

Today Max's best friend Jack came over for a quick playdate before preschool. Max and Jack haven't seen each other for over a month - first Max was on vacation, then Jack was on vacation. Then Jack got very sick when they got home from vacation so he missed almost 2 weeks of preschool. He's better now though and today was his first day back. Anyway - they were very excited to see each other and play - can you tell by their goofing off?! They could hardly settle down long enough to eat their lunch. They were still acting crazy when I dropped them off at preschool - I'm sure the teacher was wondering what got into them.

Tomorrow afternoon we're getting together with Michelle and her two little sweetie-pie girls for a playdate - looking forward to that. In the morning I'm dropping off a whole wack of Max's old summer clothes that are too small at a local consignment store. I've also heard rumours (confirmed by an ad in our local newspaper tonight) of a shoe sample sale (thousands and thousands of brand name shoes!) starting tomorrow. So *maybe* if I feel adventurous - we'll go and check it out. They only have sizes 5 to 7.5...I wear 7.5 - 8 so I'm not sure if it's worth it for me to go? But man! Brand name shoes for only $30 - $40. EEEEEeeeek!! They are calling my name - I can hear them!

Saturday evening we had made plans to have Larry (Keith's cousin) and Sabrina over for dinner. They only live about 1/2 hour away from us. But unfortunately we have to re-schedule. They are flying back to Ontario tomorrow. Larry's mother just went into the hospital so they are heading back to see her. I'm sure they would appreciate a prayer on her behalf for healing.

Speaking of prayers, I would also like to add a few more friends/family to the list. At the beginning of this week, we found out that my Grandpa Roth has pneumonia. Not something fun to deal with at the best of times, but especially when you are older. And friends of ours (Andrew & Wanda) back in Ontario have been dealing a very serious medical issue which involved surgery for Andrew. Thankfully, the results look to be excellent for him. But I tell you what - it sure puts life in perspective, doesn't it? All the major stresses and problems of your own life don't look so big or important when you think of what they are dealing with. And lastly - my blogging friend Jenn lost a friend and neighbour this past week. I don't know many details, but I think her friend/neighbour was actually murdered and they've now arrested the husband. So sad. And so tragic for the children involved.

I wanted to mention these friends and family members so that you can keep them in your thoughts and prayers. I know each one would appreciate it.

And on a happy note - just picked up a phone message from my 16 year old (almost 17!) sister Heather. She had exciting news. Well exciting for her anyway. Scary for me. Because, she got her license and is THRILLED over the moon. So I think this is her G2 license? Does that make sense? (I got my license way before they went to that graduated system so I have no clue how it works or what the technical terms are for it.) Basically - she can drive around on her own now. Scary Stuff!!! But exciting just the same! Congrats Heather-Feather!! :-)

2 comments:

jenn said...

Wow you do have lots of prayers ... i'll send some and thank for adding us. Yes Val was murdered, by her husband. Its been a really long hard week :( Two kids left behind same age as my guys. Its just been so brutal.

On a happier note... I love your blog. Love seeing what you and the maxter are up too ;)

xo

Anonymous said...

hey patti leeAnne and vanessa are at the library looking at your blog.last night i was at leeAnnes for a sleep-over,so i did not go to the market.give me a call when you get my messase.love vanessa.