





It's been a busy week filled with the usual activites and things. Plus a few extra playdates thrown in for good measure. Keith has been in Ontario since Tuesday due to work-related business. He will be returning back home here on Sunday night. (He is staying a couple extra days and spending time with both of our families this weekend.)
Our weather has not really been the greatest this week. Mostly overcast and chilly. This afternoon however the sun peeked out. We took advantage and spent part of the afternoon exploring a little park area (that Max and I have never been to before)close by the village, with our friends Michelle and Miss E and Miss K. Close to the playground are trails - a short walk brought us to a little duck pond. We came prepared with bread to feed the ducks. Unfortunately they weren't very hungry.
We had a little bit of an unnerving experience while we were there. A couple of men approached us, showed us their badges and began asking if we had seen a specific male which they then described. Apparently there had been a series of break-ins at nearby homes and they knew he was in the area on the trails and were out searching. They told us to call 911 on our cellphones if we saw him. We asked if it was safe for us to be there and they said that we didn't really have to worry. I have to say that it's been the first time I've ever had undercover cops approach and take out their wallets out to show their badges. I have to admit that the thought "OK, so how do I know it's legit id?" did cross my mind. Not something you really want to think about at the time though. I had noticed on my drive over to the park that there were a number of police in marked SUV's driving around the neighbourhood, talking on their radios. So I wasn't too surprised that something was going on. Trust us to get in the middle of it, eh Michelle?
After feeding the ducks, we went back to the playground hung out there - playing and picnicing. It was really nice to be out in the sunshine again. And even better when you're enjoying that time with awesome friends!
Late in the afternoon we spent some time over at our neighbours. Max and Ryan are great little buddies. We hung out in their backyard for a while. You have to enjoy the nice weather when you can - it seems so scarce this year.
Plans for the weekend...hmmmm....I'm thinking they might include a massive yard cleanup tomorrow including raking the lawn and washing down the outdoor toys and playthings. That is, if the weather cooperates.
Make the most of your weekend and enjoy! :-)
P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELLE!!!! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment