










Betcha didn't know that June 14 is Kids day? Me either. To be honest, it's something we kinda made up. Max has long been asking about "kids day". He thinks because there is Mothers Day and Fathers Day there should be a Kids Day. Personally, I think every day is kids day. Am I right? (Don't I sound like a parent?!) Well, we promised him we'd think about it. This weekend we went camping at Okanagan North Provincial Campground between Peachland and Summerland. As we were leaving our campground and heading home today Keith came up with some ideas of fun things to do on our way home and then...we suddenly thought about how we could spin this into an official "Kids Day" for the Maxter. And thus, that is how Kids Day at our house came to be.
*First few pictures were taken in Peachland. We stopped there for coffees on our way home. It was a little bit of a hike along the lake from where we parked so we spent a bit of time enjoying the waterfront.
*Then it was off to the Go-Karts. Keith and Max did laps on the big track first and then Max finished with some laps on the kiddie track. HE LOVED the kiddie karts. Can't you tell by his expression?! :-)
*We drove home and unloaded the truck and tent trailer and we cleaned up and showered and then went to a late afternoon matinee to see Up. Such a delightfully cute movie!
And then it was back home to bed. Kids Day was a roaring success and approved 100% by the little guy. He said we have to remember to write it on the calendar so we don't forget about it next year. (I don't think he'll let us forget regardless.) And then when he was crawling into bed tonight he wondered if maybe tomorrow could be Kids Day too? Uhhhh...sorry kiddo...one day is plenty.
2 comments:
Oh that is so funny! I read your title and thought, "Wow! They celebrate Children's Day in Canada, too!" The sunday before Father's Day has been Children's Day here in the states for as long as I can remember (actually, I think it started in the '70's). My folks always got us little gifts, too. I've tried to make a point of celebrating for my boys since their birthdays are so close to Christmas. Gives them a little something extra in the year. This year I forgot, so they got cookies for breakfast (with a candle) and gifts from my gift closet.
I love it! Whenever you don't have an idea...you just ask a kid
cause they'll make one up. He will remember it forever I'm sure.
Post a Comment