

Yes indeed there is! Today in Sunday School, Max's class learned about the lame man who was made well. He is very pleased with his little "doctors" bag and light thingy (on his head) that they made and has been wearing it most of the day. But when you ask him, he still insists that he wants to be an astronaut when he grows up. Very determined to zoom into space. He tells me he's studying to be a scientist because astronauts are scientists. I love it!
If you've been following this blog for any length of time, I'm sure you've figured out by now that things can change in a hurry around here and there's always something on the go.
This weekend is no exception. We've been busy. We've sold our house in Kelowna. And we've bought a house in Ontario.
Yup.
You read that correctly! It all happened quite fast. Which is usually how those things go.
Keith had been in Ontario on Thursday and Friday this past week on business. Up until this point we had not really discussed where we were going to live when we move back for his job. But the clock is ticking and we knew we'd better face the music and start thinking about it. Keith decided to check out a couple of places early on Friday morning before he flew back to BC. You know, just so we'd at least know a bit what's out there on the market, see what driving times/distances are like from the office and all that jazz.
He really liked one of the houses he went through. And he knew that I would too. It had been on the market for a few months without an offer. He hopped on the plane in the afternoon and flew back to BC. By the time he landed in Vancouver, the realtor that had showed him the house was calling to tell him that there was another offer coming in on that house. Huh? What are the chances that there hasn't been any action up until the day he goes into see it? So we talked about it and discussed it at great length. And decided to go for it and make an offer and see what happens. One thing you should know about me is that I completely trust Keith when it comes to making decisions regarding housing. He's awesome at finding the perfect place and knowing if it's a fit for us. I hate house hunting. So the fact that he was confident I'd like it, was enough for me. I was just thrilled I didn't have to go through the house hunting process. We put in an offer Friday night and waited to see what would happen. Saturday was quiet. We knew that the two offers were not being presented until later that night or possibly the following day. Saturday evening, we were enjoying our dinner out on the patio when our phone rang. This time it was our realtor in BC telling us he just got a call and there was an offer coming in for our Kelowna house. What?! Crazy! Within 45 minutes we were sitting in our kitchen with the two realtor's and listening to the offer presented to us. I'm sure you know how it goes....negotiation of the nation. But by the end of the night we had a deal and signed the papers and our little Kelowna house is as good as sold. (provided the home inspection passes) I'm relieved that I don't have to go through the headaches of keeping the house spotless for showings. That's a chore and a half. Nothing like stashing laundry and multitudes of paperwork and toys and anything else you can think of in your vehicle because you want the house to be impeccable. Oh the stories!!
Regarding the Ontario house...we just found out a little bit ago that our offer has been accepted after some negotiation. Yeah...Done!
So who's surprised that we've bought a house without me seeing it and that I'm completely fine with that?
You shouldn't be! Keith did the same thing when we moved to Vancouver and had to lease a house for 3 years. Best house and neighbourhood! We absolutely loved living there. He's good...I have complete faith in him! :-)
I'm killing you, aren't I?
You're all antsying to know where in the world we decided to buy.
I think I should just wait for a few more days until we make sure the home inspection passes...
That would be cruel, wouldn't it?
ha!
Or, maybe I should take your guesses and turn this into a little contest??
Hmmmmm...I would except we are leaving tomorrow morning for a week long vacation and I won't be near a computer.
Alright, alright.
Drum roll please....
New Hamburg is the town. (Ahem Michelle...You know what that means!!) Big enough to have all the amenities close by without being a huge city. Keith timed the distance to the office and it will take him roughly 35 minutes which isn't too bad. Not sure what the after work drive time will be. That can always get a bit dicey. And then throw in nasty Ontario winter conditions. Oh Patti. Just stop thinking about that stuff already.
Not completely sure of the timeline for our move. We'll be completely moved in time for Max to begin the school year in Ontario - so end of August I suspect. We're still figuring that stuff all out.
And so on that note, I just wanted to mention that this blog is going quiet for the next little while as we are heading out for Vancouver Island and a week of vacation (Well deserved vacation for my honey...our life has been insane around here lately.) We're spending a few days in the Victoria area and the rest of our time in our beloved Tofino. I'm planning to take a few weeks off blogging so check back later in July.
Happy Canada Day my friends and enjoy all that summer has to offer!
7 comments:
Yahoo, that's exciting news. Bet I know some blonde girls on Streicher Line that are excited.
Oh come on Patti, can we at least have an address.
Yay!!! Glad you're coming back to good old Ontario....hopefully we can get together in person....it would be nice to reconnect!
Be thankful your house sold so quickly ours has been up for 2 months and nothing....getting tired of being in limbo!!
Steph ;-)
Wow.. exciting weekend to say the least! Congrats! I'll put the New Hamburg bug in Pat's ear again! Have a wonderful vacation!
Great to hear you are coming back to Ontario! I'll bet Grandma and Grandpa are happy too! I will miss the beautiful BC pictures,and the exciting life you led in BC! What will you write about from New Hamburg????? No vast beaches, and lonnnnnnnnggggg summers!!
Anita N.
Wow congrats!!! Can't wait to actually give you a hug in person! We play ball there all summer, every summer! lol Ben plays hockey there too!! ;)
xoxoxo
Patti that is great news for the people in Ontario that you will be closer too. Harder for your friends out there. Wow busy times for you ahead. I would love to have a starbucks with you when you get back and settled. Happy packing!
Post a Comment