Thursday, June 25, 2009

Yet another busy day









Another busy day.

I can hardly remember how the day started out.

Let's see...

Oh yes. Dentist appointment. Just to get the implant checked out and receive further flossing and brushing instructions. Which is hard for me. Because I'm very squeamish. They gave me all these special flossers and tools. And then proceeded to have me watch in a mirror while they showed me what I had to do. And my friends, I almost fainted. Not that it's so terrible. But like I said, I'm squeamish and it just goes against everything I can handle. On the plus side, everything is looking good so far so that was sweet music to my wimpy ears.

Today was Max's last afternoon kindergarten class. They celebrated with a picnic outside - lots of goodies and treats to be had! The last 15 minutes before school was over, Jody and I snuck into the classroom and had the class present Mrs. Meier with their end of the year gift. They were so excited. Then we had Mrs. Meier lead them outside and as they were following her to go home, I handed each of them a flower. Oh my word! It was absolutely precious. They were all so excited to give their flower to Mrs. Meier...and her reaction did not disappoint. She acted so shocked and surprised with each of them. Jody had her camera and snapped a shot of each kiddo presenting their flower. Absolutely delightful! We just sent the pictures off to be printed at Wal-mart and will pick them up tomorrow morning so that each child will get their photo before they leave school tomorrow. Boy. Do we make extra work for ourselves or what?! HA!

After school we went over to Blake's house for a little play date/swimming party with friends. Tammy has a beautiful home and we all enjoyed lattes while the kids played. Max is having a bit of a hard time leaving play dates this last while. Ever since he found out about our moving news. It's definitely been a challenge and struggle and something we're trying to work on. It wears me out though.

After we left Tammy and Blake's house, we drove over to The Cactus Club Cafe and had dinner with...Anita Lebold! :-) She is in BC for a couple weeks. She called today and it worked out perfectly for Max and I to meet up with her for a couple of hours over dinner. So nice to see you Anita and have a nice long chat! :-)

Tonight the house is clean. (Ready for a 9:00am showing tomorrow morning.) The laundry is washing and drying, I'm watching "So you think you can dance" (love that show!)while researching a few things on-line and waiting for a goodnight phone call from my honey.

Goodnight and sleep tight!

1 comment:

jenn said...

I'm catching up on your blog. So awesome that you blog so well!!! I love it. I can only imagine the emotions of everything... sending you prayers friend...

xoxo