







The countdown to the last day of school is on. Two more days left and Max's kindergarten career is officially over.
Today, all 80 kindergartners spent the afternoon picnicking and splashing at Ben Lee Park. I don't know what I was thinking, but I signed up to supervise the kids who's parents weren't able to attend. I only had three kiddos to look after including Max. But I felt like I was counting heads all afternoon. It wasn't exactly peaceful or relaxing. In fact it was a zoo of a day.
It started off at 6:00am with a happy phone call from Ontario. My mom was calling with the news that my brother Chad and his wife Kaitlin were the proud parents of a baby boy. Wyatt Michael was born shortly after 5:00am Ontario time. (Chad's name means "Warrior". Wyatt means "Little Warrior". Cute, huh?) That makes a total of 4 grandsons for my parents. Keith and I have absolutely no nieces. It's all boys in both of our families. Chad or LeeAnne or someone, please email us some photos pronto. We want to see this newest little Gerber farmer/hockey player!
Speaking of photo's... ahem....Shawn! If you're reading this blog...we still haven't seen any photo's of little Baby Evan and he's a week old already. Pretty please?!
So Max and I had to run out this morning and get groceries so we could pack a picnic lunch for the afternoon kindergarten excursion. There was nothing to be had in our house. Then we also looked high and low for a Thank you card for his kindergarten teacher. I'm helping to get the end-of-the-year-teacher gift together. Nothing like leaving things until the last possible moment.
We rushed back home, cleaned the house, got lunch together, sun screened Max up and down and rushed out the door for the picnic.
Counted heads all afternoon at the water park and did my best to keep an eagle eye on the kids I was assigned to. Tried to get the kids signatures for Mrs. Meier's card. Was pretty successful. Only have to get 4 more and I should be able to do that tomorrow at drop-off time.
Was supposed to get together for a play date after school with Mandi and Anika but we took a rain check as I had to get some stuff done at home.
Raced back home and finished cleaning up the house for a showing. We all left and did some errands. Got back home only to find that the realtor was running late and so they were just getting there. So we left again. This time we went to the grocery store and bought an impromptu picnic dinner. Went to Gyro Beach and ate our dinner by the water. Got back to our house around 6:30pm.
Tonight I was supposed to meet my friends for Girls Night Out - dinner and a movie. I decided to skip the dinner and meet them for the movie at 7:00. But when I only walked in the door at 6:30 I was exhausted from the events of the day and I couldn't find it in me to start getting dressed up and out the door in 15 minutes so I bailed on the group. Better luck next time.
Tomorrow is another busy day. I have a dentist appointment in the morning to check up on my dental implant. Then I have to run out and buy a nice bouquet of flowers for Mrs. Meier. We're going to give each child a flower to hand to Mrs. Meier when they say goodbye and give her the usual hug or handshake. By the time they've all said goodbye, she'll have a big beautiful bouquet of flowers. Sweet, huh? Max has a picnic during school tomorrow afternoon and I need to remember to bring the drinking boxes. So many things to keep track of. I have lists all over the house. Tomorrow Keith is heading out on business and will be gone for a few days. I'm just taking one day at a time. That's the best I can do! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment