
Well it's been one week since my surgery. I'm hanging in there and each day I see a bit of progress. Of course, the healing is not going nearly as fast as I would like. I've got a nice little system figured out now. I take one extra-strength Tylenol when I wake up. Then 30 minutes later, I eat my breakfast, brush my teeth, gargle salt water, take my antibiotic and then that's it. Nothing else goes near my mouth until lunchtime when I repeat the process all over again starting with the extra-strength tylenol. And then once more in the evening. I occasionally use hot compresses on my jaw if I feel any hints of throbbing and that seems to control the pain for me and keep it manageable. Don't have very much energy. I'm getting the basic stuff done around the house that needs to be done on a daily basis but I'm definitely not looking to go above or beyond that. Lots of nice sweet rest for me I guess.
And since no post is complete without a photo, I leave you with one of the backyard taken last week. Even though it might look like it was taken early morning with mist floating in the air, it wasn't. That my friends, was what the air quality was like last week due to the forest fires going on in Lillooet which is quite a few hours away from us. It's been a dry spring around here with a number of fires already. On Sunday night there was a lightning strike in the Myra Canyon which is nearby. Started a forest fire and shortly after we could see the smoke on the horizon and definitely smell it - that unmistakable bonfire smell. Hopefully we'll get a bit of rain soon to help cut the risks.
1 comment:
sending prayers for more healing!!!!
Post a Comment