
















We spent this past weekend camping at Bear Creek Provincial Park. It's a whopping 30 minutes (if that) from our house. But it seems like a world away. Tall overgrown mature trees are everywhere. The campsites are big and private. There are large open common areas for the kids to run around and play. There's a nice playground with a rock climbing wall that was quite a hit. It's located right on Okanagan Lake so we were just steps away from sandy beaches. No electrical hookups unfortunately. But there were showers and washrooms which is non-negotiable for me so it all worked out.
Our next-door neighbours were also camping there this weekend so Max had built in playmates right from the moment we got there. He also made friends with another little boy named Cole. Matthew from his soccer team was camping there this weekend with his family. And Blake from kindergarten was there Saturday afternoon visiting his cousins and Max and him found each other. So at any given time, there was a little gang of 5-7 year old boys roaming around the campground, having the time of their lives! They played alot of soccer and even helped Blake out with a lemonade stand (smart idea!).
Max had soccer on Saturday morning at 9:00am. Which was part of the reason why we camped at Bear Creek - close to home. Soccer was hot. Max played his little heart out and was redder then a beet by the time it was over. We could tell that all the boys were sick of the game by the time 1 hour was up. The heat just did them in. Speaking of heat...the weather was fantastic - low 30's every day. Ahhhhh...Bring on the summer!
It was a wonderful relaxing weekend. And over far too soon. This week is not one I'm looking forward to. Tomorrow morning Keith is flying out to Alberta for a few days (work related). On Wednesday I'm having surgery. Here's a condensed version. Remember my broken tooth saga way back in February this year? Well, I'm getting a dental implant. I'm totally nervous and freaked out. Trying to just focus on the "after" when I'll finally be able to eat normal again. (Right now I can only chew on either side of my mouth - can't chew anything with my front teeth. Have you ever tried eating sandwiches, wraps, hamburgers & hotdogs, pizza, apples, etc. without using your front teeth? It's impossible. Everything has to be cut up in little pieces and eaten with a fork.) Surgery is Wednesday morning and hopefully it goes smoothly. Thursday morning I meet with my regular dentist where they will glue/cement a fake tooth in my mouth for a few months while the implant heals. In a few months after everything has healed and I'm given the go-ahead, I'll be getting an actual tooth attached to the implanted piece in my jaw. Nice, huh? I haven't planned anything on Wednesday/Thursday/Friday this week - just going to take it easy and hopefully everything is a breeze and heals fast with relatively little pain.
I'm so thankful for the wonderful relaxing camping weekend we had - it completely took my mind off this weeks unpleasant event. I'm a big girl, I know. I can handle this. Right? Right. Just need to convince myself of this somehow...
4 comments:
You go girl - you can do it!!!
Praying for you!
Love, Janice
Looks like you had a blast. L U XOXOXOXO
Heather. G.
I love the shot of the boys at the lemonade stand!
You will be fine ...surgery :) Sending you love and prayers!! Love the photos!!!
Post a Comment