Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Long Weekend - part deux















This is what our long weekend pretty much consisted of...

Lots of fun playing with a new backyard game, cleaning out various rooms in our house, cleaning the tent-trailer and most importantly the garage.

I picked up the ball on a stick game thingy at Wal-mart. Max and I were hoping to find a badminton set but they were sold out everywhere. So this was the next best thing we found. You fill the base with water or sand to anchor it down and then whack the ball with the paddles. Tons of fun! And when you're done playing, everything fits back in the base for easy storage.

Max and Ella wanted to get in on the cleaning action when Keith and I were dragging everything out of the garage to clean it out. So they lined up their toys and then had an assembly line going to wash them. It was pretty cute.

Keith and I washed down the tent trailer. It's just sparkling now. Those Mr. Clean magic erasers sure helped - they are pure magic!! :-) We are all totally in the mood to go camping now.

The neighbour boys arrived home from camping on early on Monday afternoon. Max, Ella, Carson and Spencer were running around from house to house playing and just having a blast together all afternoon. At one point, they all ended up in my kitchen. I had just baked chocolate cupcakes, but there was no way that the three of us could eat 24 of those guys. So I solved that problem by having the kids frost and decorate a bunch of cupcakes. They each ate one and took the rest home to their families. Perfect solution.

By the time Monday evening rolled around, the garage and tent trailer were sparkling clean. And we were all tired out and ready to relax. Not the most exciting way to spend a long weekend, but very satisfying when you see what was all accomplished! :-)

P.S. And just in case you're wondering, in the first few photo's, Keith's face really is that dirty! They had just returned from quadding and hadn't washed up yet.

1 comment:

jenn said...

love the pics I need to get better at taking photos again! lol haven't in a long time!!!! lol

xoxo