Wednesday, May 13, 2009

These two make me laugh


Max and Ella are turning into the best of little friends. It's quite cute. And convenient considering they live directly across the street from each other.

Their conversations the past few days have made me smile many times.

For example, overheard yesterday afternoon while playing the board game "trouble" at the kitchen island. Max mentioned that he had been at church on Sunday morning.
Ella: YOU GO TO CHURCH??????????????????!!!!!
Max: Yes...
Ella: To learn about God?
Max: Yes....
Ella: Well, why haven't I ever seen you there?????!!!
**They obviously attend different churches. But it was just so cute to hear them chatting and trying to figure it all out.

Today was provincial election day here in BC. I drove both Max and Ella to school and on our way, we drove by one of the polling stations. I mentioned that the people there were busy voting. Which then sparked this little conversation in the backseat of the truck:

Max: Well, I AM NEVER EVER VOTING FOR ANYONE HERE ON EARTH.
Ella: Why not?
Max: I am only voting for God.
Ella: Yeah. Me too. I'm only voting for God.
Max: Yeah. Because he's the leader over the earth so that's why.
Ella: Yeah.

Ok, it was so hard for me to keep from giggling out loud. Where does this stuff come from? Seriously...we had never ever said anything of the sort to Max. He also informed us tonight at the dinner table again that he's "not voting for anyone on earth. Only for God. He's voting for Heaven." Awwww, how cute is that?

I just think it's precious how he's found a little friend who he's busy chatting about God with. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww... that is so sweet! I can only imagine how emphatic Max was about not voting! =)
Janice

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Max's comments are too cute!! This totally made me laugh!!

legs