Thursday, May 21, 2009

The ritual









This is the scene I am greeted with every day at pick-up time.

Max was the VIP yesterday which is highly anticipated and looked forward to. Being VIP means you get to do the weather, count out the days in the month, sing the days of the week song, put stickers in the special spots and be the first in line for EVERYTHING. That last item is key.

He was all grins when the classroom door opened and he was leading the pack, marching out to the waiting parents. I love this scene. It's like clockwork. They come marching out, hands on their hips (supposed to have them on their hips anyway) and then they wait patiently until it's their turn to say good-bye to the teacher. They get to shake hands or give her a hug. In Max's case, he does both. You carefully scan the crowd for your mom and then, it's run like crazy to your mom...into your mom...trying to knock over your mom. Do you see how the expression on his face changes the closer he is to charging me?! Gosh! Like I said, it's what I see every day. And I love it! :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Max your so cute!!!!!!! keep up the schooling. (:(:(

H.G.

jenn said...

miss those days!

Anonymous said...

That is such a neato idea to dismiss school! And I totally noticed the change in his expression..... to cutie boy I LOVE YOU MOM to a schnigglefritzer!!

xoxo
kegs