







On Friday afternoon, Max invited me to a special Mother's Day Tea. The two afternoon kindergarten classes went up on stage and sang 4 adorable little songs for us complete with actions and dancing. The best part was Max's expression. He was just so overjoyed to see me from the minute he walked into the gym. He couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear. It was awesome!!
I don't think there was one mommy in the audience who didn't shed a few tears, especially after their last song "Skinnamarink-a-dinky-dink". Afterwards, Max came up to me and took my hand and said "Mom, please come with me and join me for tea." And so I went with him where I was graciously seated in the kindergarten classroom at a little table. We feasted on ice tea and cookies. And I received a beautiful card and flower bouquet. Absolutely precious! :-)
Friday evening was the Annual Fun Fair at Anne McClymont. It's an evening of carnival type games where kids earn tickets and redeem them at the prize table. There's raffles and a silent auction. And you can't forget all the good food. It's a major fundraiser with all the money going to the PAC. I volunteered to help so Keith picked up Max at school after the tea, and took him back to the office while I helped with setup. Around 6:00pm the three of us went to the fun fair and Max just had a ball. The theme was "superheros" and so he dressed up in his favourite knight costume. It was pretty cute...most of the little boys in his class were all running around dressed up in similar costumes - you can tell that superhero's are a big hit with that age group. Max's favourite thing was the bouncy castles. He had fun building a lego car and racing it with his daddy as well. Keith and I were more then ready to call it an evening by 8:00pm. We got Max to pick out his prizes at the prize table and we headed back home...he was not overly impressed. I think he could have played in the bouncy castles for another 12 hours.
Saturday was busy. Keith took Max to his soccer game at 9:00am. After soccer, Keith took Max over to Christian's house for an all day playdate. I was at a course all day from 9:00am - 3:00pm. While Max was at his playdate, Keith went quadding with Angelo (who is Christian's dad). Liana and I arranged a quadding "playdate" for our husbands. Liana and I are friends. Our sons are friends. So we thought our husbands should be friends. They were out quadding all day. Around 5:00pm I went over to Liana's and the guys soon showed up. We had a delicious dinner together with the kids and ended up watching the hockey game (Kelowna Rockets won) on TV before we headed home. To say that we were all tired out from our busy day would be a bit of an understatement!
1 comment:
I love that 3rd shot you posted of Max and his classmates!
Nice skirt you have on too - it's kinda like my black and white dress - what can I say - it's definitely not the first time!! haha!
xoxo
legs
Post a Comment