Monday, July 30, 2007

Happy Monday Morning!


Some of you will remember the scare we had with our little Maxwell last year. Yesterday, it was exactly one year when he first became very very ill and had to be hospitalized (he contracted Campylobacter). Max and I had been visiting in Ontario when the whole nightmare occurred and Keith ended up flying back as the situation went on. While he was only in the hospital for one week, the actual healing process took a couple of months - slowly introducing him to all foods again (one at a time), getting him back to his normal weight, building up his immune system, etc. We're so thankful that God completely healed his little body and made him well. Soooooo thankful!

I can't believe the weekend is over already - it just kind of slipped away on us. This is what we kept busy with:

SATURDAY
* Keith mowed the lawn and did yard work
* Keith left around 11:00am for his golfing tournament and didn't get back until later on in the evening
* Max played with his cars all morning and read books
* I cleaned the house - it needed some attention!
* Shortly after lunch, Max and I hopped into the truck and decided to take a tour out to Abbotsford to the Christian bookstore - House of James. We hadn't been there for quite a long time. HOWEVER. I should have known better. The hwy was packed with cars and we got into our first traffic jam about 15 minutes into the drive due to a car fire. After that it was pretty smooth sailing until Langley where I noticed brake lights again. So we quickly pulled off at a nearby exit and ended up driving past a very awesome scrapbooking store called Precious Memories. Well it just so happens that they were having a big sale all weekend - 40% off everything in the store. Good time to stop by!! We stocked up on stickers for Max - Lightening McQueen stickers, Thomas stickers, Dumbo stickers and Hotwheels stickers. (Michelle - if you're reading this, we found Dora stickers for Erica - she's gonna love them!) A while later we left and I wasn't really thinking and I was on the on-ramp to get on the highway (to continue our trek out to Abbotsford) when I noticed the backed up traffic on the ramp and the STOPPED traffic on the highway. Fortunately....all the cars on the on-ramp stopped and we all began backing up (which can be tricky business) but it all worked out ok and we got off the ramp and were able to avoid that traffic mess. So we never did get out to Abbotsford. Instead we found the nearest Tim Horton's and got a coffee for me and timbits for the little guy and headed back for home. Someone was NOT a happy camper about the change in plans. So when we were close to home, I made a little surprise stop at a mini-golf course and Max and I played a little round of mini-golf. He was ecstatic! Of course, he thought we should head to the driving range after and wack a bucket of balls. Yeah right. I'll leave that for Keith. The little stinker managed to get a hole-in-one while I did it in 2. When we were walking away from that particular green he said to me "It's ok mom, it's a little hard for you!" Thanks buddy.
* After we got back home, I fired up the grill and we bbq'd some hotdogs for dinner and had some fresh cherries.
* Rest of the evening was spent playing with toys and reading - pretty lowkey if you ask me!

SUNDAY
We went to church in the morning. The church we attend meets in the Performing Arts Theatre of the local college, every Sunday morning at 10:00am. After church when we came out we saw a lovely surprise - deer (a doe and her baby fawn) went leaping past us down the entire length of the parking lot. They are so graceful and the baby was very cute. The next parking lot beside us was filled with a whole wack of white trailers - dressing rooms, lights & camera, etc. They were shooting a movie nearby. And in case you were wondering, the deer were not part of the movie.

Sunday afternoon we napped and relaxed and did some telephone chatting. In the evening we went for a drive out to Deep Cove for Gelato - mmmmmmm! Then we drove to Cates Park to see if we could see any oil on the water from the big oilspill that occurred last week. We couldn't see anything visible to the eye but there was a big ship out on the water that Keith thinks was for "cleaning". We drove through another parking lot full of white trailers. Immediately Max pipes up with "Oh! They are shooting a movie!" and Keith and I had to laugh. It's such a common occurance here. When we were 3 years old we would have had NO CLUE about what those white trailers were all about!

Another busy week is ahead of us...we're going to be heading out camping for the long weekend. Which reminds me, I need to book our ferry rides and start making lists. Off to do that right now before I forget.

Have a great sunshiney day!

1 comment:

jenn said...

Your life is so awesome! I'm glad you and Max have so much fun and I love reading about your adventures.

Its hard on the anniversaries of when they were sick isn't it? Trust me, I know.

Um, you should take up golf. ;) I'm not joking! I love it! But I loved it after I took lessons from someone other then my husband! LOL Thats key;) Then the three of you could golf!!!