Saturday, July 28, 2007

Backyardigans-again-and-again-and agains!





That would be us!

By now, I'm sure you are all quite bored with reading that once again, we hung out in the backyard all day long. You're probably thinking "What's up with them? Do they have a life or what?!" Ah well. I guess I should make up something more exciting just for pure entertainment shock value. But the truth is - I'm feeling so mellow and relaxed right now that I can't even begin to dream up something super fantastic. So whether you like it or not, you'll just have to deal with the backyard business!

This morning we had a playdate with our neighbours from down the street. Max went to preschool last year with Ryan so they had that connection and hit it off together very well. It's so fun to watch little boys play together. Max tends to be a bit "cautious" when he's playing on his own. Hmmmm, maybe cautious isn't the right word. It's just that I don't really have to ever worry that he'll get into stuff and he's not one to make a loud hull-a-ba-loo while playing. But I have noticed that when we throw one of his little buddies into the equation, his personality changes dramatically. Today, in no time at all the two of them were shrieking and laughing and making a huge waterslide on the climber and zipping down the slide only to plunge into a little swimming pool of freezing cold water. This was repeated over and over and over. Fun times!

In the afternoon my sweet friend Michelle came over with her two little girlies - Miss Erica and Miss Kate. Max tells everyone that "Erica is my best friend". We love when they come over and hang out with us - always a relaxing and fun afternoon with them. Today we had some good laughs watching Max and Erica march around the yard in a "harade" as Max called it (parade). They were very imaginative with their instruments and music choices. I still get the giggles when I think about it tonight!

Tonight Max and I packed up his bike in the back of the Trailblazer. We also (at Max's request) had to pack the picnic basket. Next we stopped off at Subway and McDonalds and picked up some sandwiches and a happy meal for the Maxter. Then we continued on our way to Keith's job-site and met him there after work. Beside the job-site is a really nice park/picnic area and paved trails for biking/walking/jogging/roller blading. So we had our little picnic. While we were getting the picnic table set up Max kept saying "I'm soooooooooo honest! I'm soooooooooooo honest!" We finally figured out that what he was really trying to say was "I'm soooooo famished!" What a guy! After our picnic, Max hopped on his bike and Keith and I walked behind and followed him. A perfect relaxing way to end a perfectly relaxing day! :-)

Weekend plans around here include a golf tournament for Keith on Saturday, some TLC for the house (cleaning!), a library trip, church on Sunday morning and some free time to do whatever our little hearts desire!

Happy Weekend to all!

2 comments:

jenn said...

I never get bored of hearing about your "back yard" adventures!!!! You have an awesome life!!! I miss the days of being home full time with kids that weren't school aged! ENJOY every moment of it because it goes fast!
love ya

jenn said...

wow thats quite the hill max is going down!!!! lol