When the boys returned from their fishing adventure the first day, Max was very excited to tell me all about it.
"Mom do you know what the most important thing is?"
"No. What is it?"
"The most important thing is you have to wait."
"Oh. Wait for what?"
"You have to wait for the fish to bite."
I'm sure that Keith told him that more than once!!
Taking that one step further....any guesses as to what the most important thing is when it comes to Max? Here's your clue - look at the photo's - they give it away!
The most important thing is to... "always remember to pack Max's cars and take them with us everywhere we go."
Max is a huge Cars (the movie) and Nascar fan. His little cars race EVERYWHERE with him. Our camping weekend was no exception. He was busy driving up and down the picnic table benches, driving on the dock down at the lake, driving over the bike rentals, driving in the "lake" sign and even driving in the old road-grader that was permanently parked. In fact, the only place the cars did not drive was on the fishing boat.
If you are visiting us at our home, you must always keep your eyes open for little packs of race cars racing all over the house. There are usually about 3-4 different packs of them randomly racing - in the kitchen, living room, bedrooms and the back deck. Occasionally there's even a Thomas train or two thrown in the mixture. We hit the jackpot at the dollarstore the other day. We found a little gold coloured plastic trophey. "It's the Histon Cup" (Piston Cup from the movie Cars) declared Max excitedly. And so now we have little award ceremonies at the end of the races where the winning cars are awarded the "Histon" Cup. I'm a "fan" and it's my job to cheer.
It's pretty cute if I do say so myself!
And just an interesting tidbit about his little cars he likes to play with...they can't just be any old car. Oh my no. They either have to be from the movie Cars (Lightening McQueen, Chick Hicks, Sally, Doc, etc) or the little official Nascar cars. He's gotten really fussy about them lately - they *must* have racing numbers on the side. Who knew? Not I. (Maybe it's kinda like how I *really* love Nine West Shoes vs Payless. The difference is I'm wearing Payless whether I want to or not!) The joys of being the mom! LOL!
2 comments:
awwww too cute! Okay I just realized I don't have your email. So email me at
jenn.metzger@sympatico.ca
we need to chat missy! I always reach you through the turtle, but I think this way would be easier!!!!
xo
My little guy is addicted too! He is so sad that I won't let his cars come into Aunt Phebe's house to be mixed in with the TONS of toys her girls have. He just has to have them to re-inact the movie as he is watching!
Post a Comment