Saturday, February 28, 2009

Skiing - Lesson 4











This is my last post about Max's skiing lessons. Last Sunday afternoon was his final lesson. It was the big "chairlift" day. He was pumped. I thought it was pretty cool. Until I was standing near the lift and saw exactly how steep, and high off the ground he would be. Then I was FREAKED! Keith and I went for lunch at the Swiss Bear. We conveniently got a table by the windows that look out on the lift as the skiers get off. And we sat and waited (me with a thumping heart) for our little munchkin to appear. About 15 minutes after he left skiing down that big hill for the first time, we saw him. He skied off that lift like a little pro! So thankfully I was able to breath again and settle down and enjoy lunch with my honey. Every 15 minutes like clockwork, we'd see the Maxter get off the lift and then take off again down the hill. Most often he would be on the lift with random adults as there is no way the ski instructor could take all 4 of them on one chair at a time. It was cute. He'd be cuddled right up to the person on the lift. I can only imagine what the conversations would consist of. One time he caused a near crash collision of some older skiers when they were getting off the lift with him - I included the series of photo's I snapped of it happening (towards the end of the photo's). It was close but no one fell! :-) We all had a good chuckle. And at the end of the day when it was time to pick him up all Max could talk about was "how wild his day was." Everything he talked about was "wild". "It's pretty wild skiing there. It's a W-I-L-D ride!" :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Max is a true BC canadian now as a ski'er!!! You will not be able to keep him off the slopes now! If you ever move back to Ontario our small ski hills will never be enough for him. What a pro!!! You must be very proud!!! Anita N.

jenn said...

Love the ski reports!!! I'd be freaking too mom ;) lol seriously! Alex went to chickapea ski hill and I was freaking and its not even a mountain! lol

Anonymous said...

Go Max go! Your amazing, i really want to come out west and go skiing. I won't be able to keep up with Maxxxxx!!!!! GO MAX GO

Heather. G

Anonymous said...

Soooo cute he is!! He's gotta be the littlest guy out there :))

legs