
I ordered this book on Amazon a couple of weeks ago and have been impatiently stalking my mailman for the last few days waiting for it's arrival. Yesterday was the lucky day. I glanced through it and started reading it late afternoon. I was actually in tears after reading the first chapter. And I couldn't put it down. Actually finished it last night. Yes - I read it in one day!
Here's a bit of background: Two years ago in December 2006, there were two tragic events in Oregon that unfolded on the news. One being the story of the Kim Family who's vehicle was stranded on a deserted mountain road in Oregon. The wife and two children were found and miraculously survived after almost 2 weeks of being stranded. Tragically though, the husband died of hypothermia after setting out on foot to find help - convinced that no one was going to rescue them. I remember being glued to the news channels following this horrible event and praying for a miracle for them. Just a few months earlier (September) we had travelled through that exact area where they were stranded while on a camping trip. It was very remote. Immediately following this, came the news reports that three mountain climbers were missing on Mount Hood in Oregon and a huge search ensued. Everyone was praying and hoping for a Christmas miracle. Sadly, there wasn't a happy ending with this story.
A few weeks ago, I learned that the surviving wife of Kelly James (one of the mountain climbers) has written a book. It took me right back to the sad events of December 2006 when those two tragedies were unfolding before our very eyes. I found the book on Amazon and like I said, have been waiting impatiently ever since.
It was excellent. I was very emotional reading it. I found it so touching. There's also lots of pictures included which adds to the interest. Highly recommend it.
As soon as I was finished reading it last night, I turned on the news before going to bed. I was horrified to see the live coverage of the aircraft disaster in Buffalo, NY. I started tearing up all over again...I cannot imagine what those family members are going through. And personally, I just want Keith to get back home tonight safe and sound and not have to travel for a while.
1 comment:
Oh... sounds good! I've been looking for a good new read!
Post a Comment