Sunday, February 15, 2009

Be Mine









Our Valentines weekend went down like this:

* Friday night Keith arrived home around 9:00pm. Yeah! :-) Unfortunately, he felt chilled and couldn't seem to shake it. By the time he went to bed, he felt like he was teetering on the edge of flu.
* Saturday morning he was definitely not feeling better. He called and cancelled Max and his 8:00am plans to go ice-fishing (with some hockey thrown in) with Jeff, Brady and Brett.
* Keith slept all morning long. Max and I went grocery shopping and ran some errands.
* I'm not a big into baking. But I had to find something to keep Max and I entertained. So I perused the internet and came up with a few easy and fun things to do. We baked strawberry cream cupcakes, made marshmallows-on-a-stick (they are dipped in chocolate and decorated with sprinkles) and made chocolate dipped strawberries (which is a Valentines Day staple in our household). So now we have all these sweets. Which are so tempting. I promptly put everything in a container in the freezer. In the very bottom of the freezer. Hopefully I'll forget all about them until they have freezer burn.
* Fortunately, all Keith's sleeping payed off and by late afternoon he was feeling much better and almost as good as new.
* Late afternoon the doorbell rang and a beautiful bouquet of red roses was delivered to me from my honey!
* We ate the very gourmet meal of spaghetti and garlic bread for dinner at night.
* Max was very thrilled with the motorcycle he received from his daddy - a little v-day gift.
* I usually get Keith a summery type of shirt for Valentines...a little tradition that developed over the years unintentionally. But I couldn't find anything here in town - spring stuff isn't really in the stores yet. Soooo I broke with tradition and picked up the game Blokus for him. Have you played? So fun! I first was introduced at my friend Carol's this past Christmas. When I went to buy it I found that they've come out with an edition for 2 people which is perfect for us. We've all been having fun with it.
* We finished off the evening watching Madagascar 2. Cute movie!

Even though Keith wasn't feeling the best for part of the weekend, it turned out really good. Lots of lowkey moments. Max and Keith got lots of quality time in together. This afternoon we were up at Big White again for Max's skiing lessons. Good times! Photo's to follow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow your valentines stuff is awesome!! (and I thought my tarts were so cool! ha!)

xoxo
Legs