















Vancouver in February is usually full of rain rain rain. But this year it hasn't been like that. We lucked out and all three days we spent there last week were full of glorious sun and warm weather....12 degrees anyone?!
We stayed downtown at the condo. Keith worked Thursday and Friday at the job site. Max and I spent most of our days visiting with friends. So nice to see everyone again. We had a bit of time to run errands (I'm always running errands, aren't I?!), visit a few favourite spots (Deep Cove and Park & Tilford Gardens), sneak in a minute or two of shopping - Ikea, Pottery Barn, Kids Books in the village, Keith and Max both needed new shoes, I needed to spend time at The Gap....there is one here in Kelowna but it's seriously lacking. Unfortunately :-( We spent time with our friends - The Maloneys, The Warners, The Richardsons, The Hamids, the dentist....Oh wait. I was talking about friends. How did the dentist slip in there? Well you know me....accident prone and especially when it comes to my teeth. Here's your PSA for the day: NEVER EVER OPEN ANYTHING WITH YOUR TEETH. Thursday morning I wasn't thinking (obviously) and opened Max's water bottle lid with my teeth...couldn't get it open with my hand. And hurt my bottom teeth like crazy. I really believed I cracked all 3 of them. Immediately called my dentist I used to go to and they were able to get me in on short notice. They took x-rays. Didn't show anything. Assured me everything was fine and that they were just tender and sore and I'd have to be careful how I used them for the next few days. Oh and to never ever use my teeth for anything like that again. Are you kidding me?! Still kicking myself that I did that without thinking!
One fun thing that Max enjoyed was visiting our friends on our old street for a playdate. The kids played on bikes and scooters on the street and it was wonderful. I almost had to pinch myself as a reminder not to go marching back into our old house...I almost forgot!
Saturday morning we braved the masses and checked out the new Pottery Barn Kids store on Granville. It was their first day - Grand Opening. I wasn't even going to go but then Keith and Max decided that we should and since it was just down the street a few blocks from the Pottery Barn we did. Well. What a zoo. Keith said that the minute he walked in the front door he could just feel the stress! I picked up a couple of canvas bins for Max's toys - they are pretty awesome and I hope to get back there sometime and get more. Other then that, we didn't stay long. They were handing out teddybears at the front door to all the kids so Max has a new friend now that sleeps in his bed every night. Like he needs another one. Teddybears. I love them. But they multiply. We have baskets filled to overflowing. And it would be dreadful to even think of getting rid of one or two. So for now they are all co-existing peacefully in Max's room.
We got back to Kelowna late on Saturday night - quite exhausted from our busy few days on the town. But oh it was worth it! Special Thank you to all of our friends who had us over for a visit... we loved every minute!
And incidentally if you're wondering how my mouth healed after that incident on Thursday... it's not good news. As the days went by I knew that not everything was fine. I couldn't eat very much except for pasta and soups. So this past Monday afternoon I found a dentist in town here and went through the whole rig-a-ma-role of x-rays again. Which didn't show anything. But when they started inspecting the tooth that was bothering me closer, they found that it was indeed broke. Completely broke. And not an easy fix either. For now, they've bonded it together for me until my appointment next Tuesday. At that time I'll be going in and they'll be taking the tooth apart (it did have a root canal years ago) and seeing if there's enough tooth left that they can put a post in and rebuild it and then put a crown on. If they can't then they are going to remove it and I'll be getting a bridge put in. Niiiiiiiiice. I'm so freaked out. But there's nothing I can do. And yes, I am FREAKING. I'm not a fan of the dentist...and the whole thought of this procedure next week is enough to make me sick...If you think of it, please breathe a little prayer for me - I'm going to need it. Thanks.
6 comments:
I love how both statements have equal importance: Keith and Max both needed new shoes, I needed to spend time at The Gap
~ Carrie
P.S. My dad gets knocked out when he visits the Dentist...it makes the whole experience almost forgettable! :-)
Oh no... I must tell Dr. Somji that he missed diagnosed! Hope you are feeling better soon!
Oh my - I'll be thinking of you! Remember all those years ago - with your teeth problems, I remember you sitting in my car crying because you couldn't take it anymore....
Go for the gas - or whatever they have knock you out!! :-)
oh man Patti!!!! Glad your okay friend.
xoxo
Oh how I miss BC in February. I was just remembering how we could see crocuses and tulips in Feb, and there they were in your park pictures. I should be writing this in green - I'm so jealous!! I want springtime too! :)
I will pray for you at the dentist. I was told last night when i went to the dentist that I should have 2 crowns put on my teeth. I asked what is involved, then told them that I'd rather not do it unless/ or until I really needed it done because I am so petrified. My sweet dentist told me that they would sedate me if I wanted him to....I said I absolutely would go that route!!! He sedated me when I had a deep root cleaning procedure a couple of years ago, it took 6 hours! I slept through the whole thing, no pain and no sore mouth. He said that he finds when patients are relaxed they have less after pain too! Sold me on it!!!! You better ask about sedation! Anita N.
Post a Comment