Sunday, February 8, 2009

weekend wrap up














The weekend is just about over and now we're ready to relax.

Saturday was "Family Painting Day" around here.
First of all, Max was busy throughout the day painting his little wooden race car that we glued together (from Michaels). I just have to say that my boys were AMAZING in getting our basement family room painted. Max was the Terrific Taper who worked hard to get all the trim taped. You can see his taping in one of the pictures I posted. Just double click on it to see it in detail. He had the tape and his little scissors and taped up a storm. (I followed behind making things a bit straighter. Shhhh don't tell him!) I worked on cutting, Keith did the rolling and Max either painted with his little brush or ran laps around the room. It was a bit chaotic at times. But by 5:00pm we were cleaning up the brushes and calling it a day. We love the difference a coat or two of paint makes down there. As you can see from the before photo - the green, was quite...ahhhh...an interesting choice by the previous occupants. We refer to it as "intense misty mint green". My apologies to those out there who like it. We didn't. I actually can't believe we lived with it until now.

Saturday night we went to our first Kelowna Rockets hockey game here in town. Keith's work rented a box and invited everyone in the office to come and bring their families along. It was quite nice - there were snacks and beverages to enjoy while sitting in cushy chairs to take in the game. And the best part - they won. The score was 5-1 against the Kamloops Blazers.

Sunday morning we got up early and went to church. Then we headed out to Big White for an afternoon of skiing lessons for the Maxter. It was a beautiful clear day and about 0 degrees. Keith and I stopped by towards the end of the lesson to watch and see how it was going. The most common phrase we could hear the instructors shout out on the hill was "Max...slow down!" Keith and I both laughed about that...that kid is all about speed. Do you think perhaps he takes after Keith in the skiing department?! While Max was at his ski lesson, Keith and I went decided to go out for a nice dinner. It's very rare that just the two of us get a chance to go out. A nice treat! Unfortunately we made a very poor choice of restaurant and the food was terrible. TERRIBLE. I definitely need to do a little research on the restaurants there before we head back next weekend.

The last photo is of Keith standing in front of the Tubing Hill at Big White. Apparently it's quite fun... not so sure of it myself. But maybe I could be convinced...maybe. I'll keep you posted on that!

Now it's Sunday evening. We're all very tired and mellow from our very busy weekend. It's good to sit back and relax. (Without having to look at intense misty mint green walls.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Max going to try out for the 2010 Winter Olympic team?

Anonymous said...

Oh, your basement walls love AMAZING!!!! I must say, that green colour was totally atrocious!!
Skiing looked like a fab day!! :))
xoxo
Legs