Friday, February 6, 2009

TGIF











It's Friday...eek! A whole week has rolled past without an update.

We've been busy.

Keith has been working here in town all week - a nice treat! Tuesday, Max had kindergarten in the morning because they had a special cultural performance assembly for the whole school. To be out the door shortly after 8:00am...Oiye. I'm in for a rude awakening next year when he's in grade one. We met Keith for lunch at Montana's. Since he was working in town just a few blocks away, and Max didn't have school in the afternoon - we took advantage of meeting up.

Thursday and Friday Max didn't have school. Grades 1-7 have student/parent/teacher interviews and as a result the kindergartens have both days off.

Thursday we had skating lessons in the morning. Afterwards we went to the library for storytime. This week's theme was dinosaurs - right up Max's ally. Afterwards, our friends, Christine, Jenna and Ava came over to our house for lunch and a playdate. It was a very nice afternoon. The kids played so well together - they were playing with geo-trax trains and it kept them entertained the whole time. Max was so tired though from our busy day that he fell asleep on the couch at 4:00pm. I woke him up at 5:30 when Keith got home from work. Not a good idea - he was GRUMPY. Note to self...do not let him fall asleep that late in the afternoon. It happens so rarely though that I didn't even think what the fall out would be.

Friday - today...it was a good day!

Let's see... I had full intentions of cleaning the whole house from top to bottom. Didn't happen. Instead the house looks ripped apart. And that's ok. Here's what we did:

* Finished up Max's valentines for his classmates

* Did a couple loads of laundry - a never ending battle

* Sorted summer clothes that Max has outgrown. Have two huge piles to take to the consignment store. When we moved, I came across a box of clothes I had forgotten about from when Max was really little. So between that box and the clothes he outgrew in the last year or so, very worthwhile to take them in.

* Aired and dried out Max's skating gear and started getting stuff together for skiing.

* Max worked on making a special valentine for his daddy. It turned out so cute and he designed it all himself.

* Went to Wal-mart to return a little CD player that sounded terrible. Picked out and bought a different brand. It was cheaper. And the sound quality is a million times better - go figure.

* Met Keith at Starbucks for coffee and a light lunch. Max gave him the special valentine he made - for his office at work.

* Max and I made a quick rip around Homesense afterwards. Max was hysterical. Normally he hates shopping. HATES it. And I don't even bother trying to convince him to go in there. But today he was totally game. And I had my own little personal commentator as we zipped around the store.
"Mom, this must be from India. It looks like it's an Indian thing."
"Mom! I think this is from Egypt. Yes. It looks Egypt."
"Mom, here's another India."
You probably had to be there. But I was laughing so hard. I don't know where it was all coming from but he was telling me where everything was from. And honestly, some of it probably did come from India because it was all rustic and ethnic looking (think Pier 1 decor). Too funny!

* We made a stop at the movie store to pick out a couple of movies for Family Movie night - it was a hard choice for the Maxter to choose between Madagascar 2 or SpaceBuddies. SpaceBuddies won out this time so that's what we'll be watching tonight.

* The sun came out beautifully this afternoon and it was rather warmish - 7 degrees. We always drive by the lake when we're doing errands and have never ever stopped. Today we made a detour at Gyro Beach to check out the "Big Apple" which we always see and talk about but have never seen up close and in person. I'll post photo's of it in my next blog post.

* Came home to a ringing phone and it was my friend Ailish from North Van. Soooooo nice to get caught up with her. I think that was the best part of my afternoon! :-) Max was busy hanging up Valentines window clings while I was chatting with her.

* We're big into Valentines crafts and activities around here. Our fridge is stainless and not magnetic. So we use the door to our garage (which is magnetic) as a great place to display our Valentines activities. Each day it gets more filled up with creations made mostly by the Maxter. Fun!

If all goes well, we're going to attempt to start painting our basement this weekend. We have big ambitious plans for tomorrow....we shall see how far we get. HA! And now I'm being paged by the little man who wants to start painting a wooden race car that we glued together earlier today. Thank goodness for cheap craft kits at Michaels...they must have my little boy in mind when they design and market this stuff! :-)

1 comment:

Julie said...

So....was that 7 degrees celcius or ferenheit? Cause man that would be cold!