Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Big Day at Big White
















The Jantzi family spent the majority of our day at Big White today. And we had one very excited little boy on our hands. First day of skiing lessons for the Maxter.

It was a great day and everything went really well. We kept our distance on purpose as we didn't want to divert Max's attention from what he was learning. So while he was learning how to ski outdoors, we were inside enjoying latte's and coffees. (Now that's my kind of skiing!) We popped by the hill about half-way through the lesson and watched him and snapped some pics - all without him even aware we were there. This was his very first time on skis. He was in the "Ready Teddy" class which is the beginner class. His instructor said he did awesome and next week he's ready to join the "Eager Elephants" class. Our friend Gerry was here visiting from Vancouver so we were able to get caught up with him while Max was enjoying his lesson.

It didn't take Max long to fall asleep once we started driving home. He polished off a little snack and then dozed off. All tuckered out from his busy afternoon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW - Patti in a hat - I don't believe I have ever seen such a sight! What a momma will do for her baby!:)You look ready to hit the hills too!
Jane

Anonymous said...

Jane, you and I think alike. I was going to say I don't think I have ever seen Patti in a hat before either. You are quite the ski bunny Patti.

Great job Max. I wish I had started skiing as a kid.

Anonymous said...

Max looks like a pro already! How cute in those little skiis!!!

love ya!
Legs