


It never fails.
Every single year it happens to me.
I start decorating the tree.
And always run out of lights.
ALWAYS.
This year I thought I was ahead of the game. I had bought two extra boxes of lights and had them sitting and waiting for tree decorating day. Because I just knew. And of course, I used them. Thought I was all A-OK with lights. Until the second last strand to be put up refused to work. So not only did I have to use the two boxes I had purchased ahead of time, I had to send Keith out to pick up another two boxes of lights. Can you believe it? Murphy's Law! I think I blogged about this same thing last year. There must be a light eating monster living in my Christmas decoration boxes. Either that or the movers swiped 'em. HA!
So what should have taken a couple of hours in the morning, turned into an all day affair. We finally finished up the tree after dinner last night.
Overall we had a very busy and productive day. Not only did we get the tree decorated and some Christmas decorations up, we worked on cleaning the house and getting the rooms back to being functionable again since the painting is done. Max finally got his big boy bed - Keith and him "built" it together. Up until this point he's been sleeping in his Little Tikes race car bed (which sports his crib mattress). We were going to get rid of it a long time ago. But then thought we should wait until we move and buy the bed in Kelowna so we don't have to move it. As we got closer to that time, we decided to wait to buy his bed so that his room would be "familiar" to him in the new house. He has enough disruption in his life with moving to a new town - we wanted to keep everything as familiar to him as possible. We bought the furniture a month or so after we moved. Then we didn't want to move the furniture in until after it was painted. Sounds like a rig-a-marole, huh? It really shouldn't have been so complicated. All is good now. Except the dresser is still in the garage. Way to heavy for shrimpy muscled me to lift up the stairs. Our neighbour's coming over to help Keith out with it. And the verdict? Max likes it! He slept all night long (doesn't happen very often) and in fact, I had to wake him up this morning to get ready for church. YIPPEE for sweet dreams.
Speaking of my boys, they are at the pool right now doing some swimming. Max needs to get assessed by the lifeguards here to figure out what level he fits in for their swimming programs. I'm hanging out here at home, listening to a Diamond Rio Christmas CD and I have a nice dinner cooking in the oven for when they get back home. It's starting to become a little Sunday tradition around here for us...Light lunch at noon followed by a nice yummy dinner. Mmmmmmm!
Keith heads out for Ontario tomorrow morning on business. He'll be there for the first part of the week and in Vancouver for the last part of the week. The good news is that Max and I get to join him at the end of the week in Vancouver. Oh happy day! (Or weekend I should say!)
And tomorrow is December....let the rush of festivities begin! Have a wonderful day!
2 comments:
Love the tree and the bed? Costco.ca?
love the tree and enjoy your weekend my friend!!!
xo
Post a Comment