


















In a nutshell, this is what we did while in Vancouver...
* Went to the Vancouver Aquarium. Max really wanted to see the baby beluga whale again. She sure has grown since the last time we saw her in July. Her name is Tiqa which apparently is an acroynym for the day of the week she was born, her parents names and her grandmother's name.
* Spent some time in Edgemont Village which included visiting our favourite barber shop. Brenda is fantastic at cutting little boys (and big boys) hair. What you can't see in that photo is that the entire wall of the shop is lined with benches and they were FILLED with people waiting for their turn. The shop doesn't take appointments. You just show up, write your name on the whiteboard and then wait your turn. Whenever Max sits in that chair, he turns into Mr. Chatty Cathy. He kept the entire shop entertainted while he was getting his haircut. Both Keith and I were worried what was going to be coming out of his mouth next...You just never know with him!
* Went to Ikea. Didn't end up getting very much but a certain little man was quite happy with the cinnamon bun at the end of the shopping trip. Also went to Linen's and Things which was just next door. Since they have declared bankrupcy and we had a gift card to use, we thought we better get over there sooner than later.
* Visited our friends Laith & Hind and their children and enjoyed a delicious dinner and lovely evening with them.
* Had a wonderful playdate with our neighbours we used to live next door to. Max and I were there all morning and the time just flew by. They have 3 girls and sometimes all the pink princessy stuff can be a challenge for the Maxter. But they really had a great time - writing letters to Santa, playing "family", playing DVD Candyland (which is really cool by the way!) among other things. Kelly and I were able to sit and relax for the most part and chat and get caught up with each other. Max had a bit of a rough time saying goodbye and leaving. I believe "meltdown" is the correct term. He was sobbing that he just didn't want to leave yet and the whole street would be missing him. Awwwwwww. I have to admit that my heard cried a bit when I heard him say that. But I managed to get him settled down with a promise that we'd be back to visit again.
* Met up with my dear friend Juli. By the time I met her, Max was fast asleep in the back seat of the truck so we ended up just sitting in my vehicle for quite a long time - catching up and letting Max get some much needed zzzzz's. And Juli - yet again, we didn't take any photo's. I think the rain is plotting against us whenever we see each other. Definately next time - rain or not!
* Visited Park & Tilford Gardens. What is it with that place? Max just thinks he can run full tilt away from me whenever we are there. I did manage to slow him down for a few pics here and there. Especially whenever he would come near a water fountain. Then he would wait for me...as he needed a penny or two for making a wish.
* Did a bit of Christmas shopping at some of my favourite toy stores and a few other shops as well. Max loves to run through the fountains by Whole Foods - it's a nice bribery trick when I need him to be good as I pop into a store here and there. A promise of a run through the fountains and all is good!
* Had a wonderful lunch visit with my sweet friend Michelle and her two adorable little girls Erica and Kate. They are just the cutest! :-) Max and Erica were playing "Kings and Princesses". I'm not sure what he's going to say a few years from now when he sees that photo of him with a pink "King's" crown on. LOL!
Keith was working a couple of the days at the jobsite. We would drop him off in the morning and pick him up at the end of the day. It worked out just fine. Unfortunately, on our drive back to Kelowna, Max started coming down with a congested head cold. You know the kind where you are getting sicker by the minute and there's nothing you can do about it? Yeah, that kind. So he hasn't been back to school since we returned. We've just been taking it nice and easy around here. I hope he gets over it soon. And that I don't catch it.
1 comment:
I know I'm commenting on a blog posted eons ago but hey! I love reading about your fun times and exciting lives!
xoxo
legs
Post a Comment