Thursday, November 20, 2008

Do you?


I'm curious...

Do you use re-usable shopping bags when you are out getting groceries and running errands? Are they popular in your town/city/neighbourhood?

I use them. I love them and have a ton. They hold way more than the plastic bags and plus, they stand up nicely in the truck and my groceries don't roll around like they did before I used them. Maybe that's cause I've slowed down my driving though! LOL!

Coming from Vancouver this is what everyone seems to do... uses re-usable bags. Now moving to Kelowna, I've noticed that people do....but not to the same great degree that Vancouverites do.

Which got me wondering what it's like in other parts of this country/world???

I have to admit, the fact that the options are so varied and stylish and cute really helps!! I love my cupcake bag and get lots of comments on that one. Unfortunately the Cupcake Shop changed the design and I don't think their new ones are as nice. Glad I snagged a cute one! :-) My new favourite bag is from Whole Foods and Sheryl Crow helped design in. It's huge and can fit sooooo many groceries and things in it!

So leave me a comment and tell me if they're popular where you live. I have an extra nice shiny new "Whole Foods - Sheryl Crow" bag here. At the end of the week, I'll pull a name from the comments and mail off the bag to the winner!

*Edited to Add - The Whole Foods/Sheryl Crow bag is the middle bag in the photo above - with the tree. If you double click on it you can see it in more detail.

9 comments:

jenn said...

I'm I love those bags!!! Where is the middle one from too? Yep the PC bags and PriceChopper ones are HUGE here. I carry a little roll up one in my purse too so I can use it any store :) Love reusable bags!

jenn said...

duh the middle one is the new whole sale one ;) ok i'm blonde LOL LOVE IT!!!

Anonymous said...

You are too funny... I have to agree the new Cupcake bag jsut doesn't measure up!

Michelle

Anonymous said...

We love reuseable bags! I also use the prettier ones for Christmas and Birthday gift bags! They are cheaper then paper gift bags in our neck of the woods. Just put a bow on them, and they are a hit! I would love to see a Sheryl Crow bag.....take a picture and post it!
I carry lots in my trunk all the time, just in case I have the urge to go shopping!!!
Anita N.

Julie said...

I've just started using them here. There's a bigger push for re-usable bags and buying local here in Virginia than there was in FL. Something about the area made me want to go to the farmer's market, can/freeze produce/ and use re-usable bags! I've been using up my stock of fabric and made some of my own that I keep in the van for grocery shopping, stops at the mail box, etc. In fact, I'm making some for gifts this Christmas. You can find all kinds of fast easy patterns online if you google "re-usable grocery bags." Lots of stats on how much trash you save per bag, too.

Julie said...

PS> I've also been reading a great book about a family that commited to consuming only locally grown/produced foods for an entire year. Very interesting and a great read!
Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver

Stephanie said...

I use them when I remember them..lol! Besides the ones we have here are ugly compared to yours!!! I should really keep them in my van that way I wouldn't forget them!

Steph :-)

Anonymous said...

Of course you have the cutest shopping bags, I wouldn't expect anything less. :-) Ours are pretty plain but I would never go back to plastic.

~ Carrie

Anonymous said...

I love my re-usable bags - I get so mad at myself when I leave them at home or forget to take them into the grocery store. Yours are very pretty compared to mine though - just boring black ones from Zehrs.
Jane