Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Not quite as smart as I think I am...


This is what happens when you think you can multi-task.

My morning started off with a nice long phone call with my dear friend Nancy.
Halfway through, I decided to whip up a batch of banana mini-muffins while we talked.
Easy Peasy as Pie.
I checked on them a couple of times as they were baking in the oven.
Thought to myself that they looked a bit "different".
The tops seemed too shiny and smooth.
Mentally went over the ingredients. Pretty sure I added everything.
Took them out of the oven.
My goodness.
HARD AS ROCKS. Could barely get them out of the muffin tin.
Tasted one.
Blech!!!
Grabbed my cookbook and reviewed the recipe.
Nope. Didn't leave anything out.
Hmmmmm.
Opened my pantry door and did a review of the ingredients I had used.
And the realization hit me....
I added Cornstarch INSTEAD of Baking Soda.

They were not fit to be eaten. Not even close.
Blech! Blech! Blech!

Tomorrow is another day and I have more banana's to use up.
So we'll try it again.
Without talking on the phone.

P.S. In case you're wondering how I could possibly confuse cornstarch with baking soda, the answer is tupperware. I have all my pantry ingredients stored in those tupperware modular mates. You have to READ the labels on each container to know what it contains...that white stuff all looks the same.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Too funny!!! If I'm on the phone and trying to bake I keep saying "just a minute...have to measure!" I can't talk and measure at the same time!!lol

Steph :-)

Anonymous said...

Totally hilarious! I can't believe this happened. Cari lumina!

Great talking to you.

Nance

Anonymous said...

hahaha! You should have mailed them to mom and see what she said! remember her story of her rock hard bread buns she made years ago?!!

Legs