



In case you didn't know and just for the record - I HATE SNOW. Completely detest it. I don't even like a dusting of it on Christmas day. Green is beautiful! Words can't describe how much I dislike it. Now my kid? He loves it. LOVES IT! And so today was utterly glorious for him. We've had snow falling all day long. Driving? Treacherous. Did I ever mention we live up on a mountain kinda. No matter what route you take, it's steep all the way. Didn't see one snowplow or sander all day long. Not sure if they exist here? I white knuckled it to a play date this morning and then the school run twice. My feelings toward the white stuff have definitely intensified. And not in a positive way. I miss the rain. Can you believe I said that Michelle?! LOL!
Max in the meantime had fun shovelling the white stuff up after school and making snow angels. Followed that up with some hot cocoa with whipped cream, marshmallows and sprinkles. The hot cocoa is about only positive thing I can think of when it comes to winter! :-)
Last photo is of the special Christmas countdown chain the Maxter brought home with him today from school. He spent alot of time gluing that chain together. Starting December 1st, every night he gets to take off one of the chain links. When he reaches the star, it's Christmas. It's my favourite decoration! I remember my mom telling us kids that her favourite gifts and decorations were the ones that we made. I could never quite understand that...because hey, let's be honest, even I knew my creations needed help! But now that I'm a mom, I totally get it. I LOVE the things Max makes for me! :-)
Finally, a painting update. ALL DONE BABY!!!!! As of this afternoon around 1:00pm, the painters left. Only took one week. Wasn't that painful. Now I just have to clean and put the house back in order. We want to get the Christmas decorations up this weekend too. I'll take some photo's of the house once it's decorated.
And now, I'm going to hibernate. Someone call me when it's spring and the snow is gone. Muchly appreciated.
2 comments:
Bring on the snow! Actually you are probably right after I day I would get pretty sick of it too! This rain is pretty depressing though! Can't wait to see the decoration photos!
LOL oh Patti, you've become a westerner ;) hehe Snow here too!!! ;) hehehe
I scrapbooked with Lea Ann tonight :) She says "hi"
Post a Comment