Monday, January 14, 2008

Boo!


Did I scare you? Probably from shock that I've actually posted something again!

I took a little hiatus from blogging over the holidays. We flew to Ontario on Dec 26 and celebrated Christmas with our families. Keith spent 1 week and Max and I spent 2 weeks. Unfortunately I was sick most of the time I was there. I didn't even go out on New Years Eve with my boys - just stayed home at my parents place and slept. As a result, I didn't see very many of my friends this time around - it was pretty lowkey.

Max and I arrived back home late last Wednesday night. Since that time I've been busy with taking down all our Christmas decorations, laundry - laundry - laundry and more laundry, unpacking suitcases and trying to find homes for Christmas presents. Which has led to another all-consuming activity...purging and decluttering our house. Keeping in mind the reality that we have a move coming up this summer. Now is as good a time as any to start reducing the amount of stuff we will have to move. I'm crossing my fingers that Big Brothers calls SOON to say that they are in the neighbourhood to pick up used items. I love when they call - saves me a trip to drop stuff off at the thrift store. And this time around, it will take me more than one trip.

Max is back in the swing of things with preschool and we've started a new session of skating lessons as well as Tiny-Tot hockey. On the weekend all three of us went family skating and then saw Alvin & the Chipmunks at the theatre. It was pretty cute!
Unfortunately, I seem to be getting my cold/sickness back again. Over the weekend my throat started to get sore and now my ears are starting to hurt. Looks like I'm going to start all over again with what I had at Christmas. Somehow I can't knock it...UGH. I'm taking my vitamin C, echinecea and trying to get as much sleep as possible to hopefully get rid of this bug once and for all!

Anyway....nothing too new or exciting around here. Just wanted to say "hi" to everyone and leave you with a photo from Christmas Day - the Playmobil airport was a hit with Max!

2 comments:

Miriam said...

Sorry to hear you were sick over the Holidays. I was too, and ended up in the hospital for 3 days with pneumonia over New Year's Day. I am feeling much better!
Miriam

jenn said...

Oh I'm sorry you were sick :( That sucks. I'm sorry I missed you too! Was hoping to catch you this year! Email me...where are you moving to this summer??? Love that photo of mr.max!!!!