Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Get ready for photo's!



I'm in the process of going through the multitude of photo's I took while we were in Ontario over the Christmas Holidays. During the next few days I'll be posting some photos of our favourite memories from the time we spent with our families. Today I'm including a couple of photo's of the view from my mom's kitchen window. The first photo was taken when we arrived in Ontario at the end of December. The second one was taken the day we left to head back to BC. What a difference a week or two makes!

My house is slowly getting organized and clutter-free and back to normal. I finished the upstairs today. Now to tackle the basement. I hope to get that completed tomorrow while Max is at preschool. We having skating in the morning and then Max's friend Jack is coming for a little playdate over the lunchhour. I'm planning to walk both the boys down to preschool providing the weather cooperates and doesn't pour rain. Tomorrow evening I'm meeting up with my friend Juli for dinner and a gab session. It will be a busy one!

Are you adventurous with your cooking? As in, trying new recipes often? My goal has always been to try one new recipe a week. Tonight was the night - I made a curry chicken dish in the crockpot. And here's the kicker. I LOVED it but my boys didn't. I understand why Max didn't like it....it was a bit too spicy for him. I should have known that. But I was surprised at my hubby. He's normally big on spicy food. But not indian spicy I guess. He likes the mexican spicy food better. Too bad for me!

So now that we are full swing into the New Year I'm trying to make a list of things that I'd like to get accomplished. If I write them down, I'm more apt to actually follow through and do them. Do you have a list? If so, what are you working on?

Here's my list:
1. Decluttering and organizing the house. (Can almost stroke this one off the list!)
2. Cardmaking. I love making cards and doing them blitz style - designing a few styles and then making a whole bunch of the same style. My supply is seriously depleted so I should get at that soon.
3. Practise with my camera and figure out all the settings. Also want to experiement with my new lense.
4. Practise Practise Practise with Photoshop Elements.
5. Get caught up on printing photo's.

I think that covers it all right now. That's more then enough to keep me busy over the next couple of months!!

Keith just finished installing and setting up TIVO so I'm going to go and figure out all the daytime shows that I'd like to TIVO so I can watch at night - Martha Stewart, Oprah and Dr. Phil all come to mind for starters! :-)

Make your day a great one!

5 comments:

jenn said...

hehe I'm always adventurist in the kitchen, but so is tim...so its all good! Can't wait for the photos! Bring them on!!!!

xo

Anonymous said...

Hi!! I figured you would have posted stuff again!! Nice pictures! Have fun on the lunch date tonight. Give me a call if you have time :))

LEGS

Anonymous said...

hey patti and max,my school practice and then i walked home to leeAnne and then we to come here and look at your blog.call me soon.love ya lots,patti,keith,and max.i love you max and talk to me soon,love ya Vanssa.

Anonymous said...

hey patti and max,my school practice and then i walked home to leeAnne and then we to come here and look at your blog.call me soon.love ya lots,patti,keith,and max.i love you max and talk to me soon,love ya Vanssa.

Anonymous said...

Hi Patti- so what lense did you get? My fabulous hubby got me one too, mine is the 50-200 - I haven't played with it much yet either. It's like binoculars & one little move & you loose what you're trying to focus on really easily.