Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Life is all Sunshine and Roses around here...


Well....not exactly. Max has had a terrible cold for the past few days and now he's given it to me. Isn't that the story of our lives around here? However the good news is we are having gorgeous sunshiney weather and it's supposed to be like that all week long. Those roses were my little $1.84 "splurge" last week at the grocery store. They were clearancing flowers and I snatched them up. They've lasted a whole week - not too shabby, eh?

Yesterday afternoon I was sorting through some boxes in a closet and came across a whole wack of cards that Keith and I had given each other while we were dating. I had quite alot of fun reading all the mushy love stuff we wrote each other. oh my. sigh. Brought back lots of good memories! Those were the days!

I must say that life around here is pretty quiet. But that's a good thing. I'm still busy going through "stuff" and purging and decluttering. This week I've been focusing on my scrapbooking/cardmaking supplies. When I pick up Max at preschool today I'm going to take them a wack of scrapbooking paper that I know I'll never use. They said they'd be glad to have it. They have lots of little busy hands using scissors during the day so it will get used.

Do you use Craigslist? I've bought the odd thing from Craigslist in the past. But have never used it to sell anything. I decided to try it out with some of Max's toys that he never plays with and are just sitting around taking up space. So far so good. I sold a bunch of Baby Einstein DVD's yesterday and this weekend a lady is supposed to be stopping by to get the Little People Garage. I'm hoping to get more stuff listed and out of here in the next few weeks. Woohoo!

I'm ending this post with a quote that I saw on another blog earlier today. I laughed out loud...seems to have an element of truth to it!

"The only reason a great many American families don't own an elephant is that they never have been offered an elephant for a dollar down and easy weekly payments."

1 comment:

jenn said...

LOL that quote made me howl! I feel ya on the cold front. I've got a nasty one too! And darling YOU SCORED on those roses! Woohooo they're awesome!

Its cool to reread and get those feelings back from dating day isn't it? I still have some and do the same thing! hehe