


We got snowed on overnight...not an overabundance or anything....but just enough that all the schools were cancelled today. (My Ontario friends - you would laugh if you would see the amount of snow that determines a snow day around here!)
Since we're still a bit "part Ontarion", we kept Max's scheduled hair cut for 9:45 this morning and drove down to the village. (Gotta admit, part of me was "tempted" to cancel the appointment due to the snow...I'm turning into a bit of a wuss with winter driving. Three years of having little to no snow during the winter will do that to you.) We did go. The village was soooo quiet....a ghost-town. Some stores didn't even bother opening. Fortunately, Starbucks and Cobs Bread were both open so we could get some necessities. When we got home, I shovelled a bit of snow on the driveway and then Max and I built a snowman in the front yard.
It's been a nice quiet, lazy kinda day. Max has been working on printing his letters, playing with his race track, cars, airplanes and watching a movie or two.
So the first couple of photo's are from today when we were building snowmen. Next photo - couldn't resist including. Doesn't my little man look so cute after his bath? Very mischevious too! Then we have him working very hard on the letter "Ff" followed by some car racing. (The car racing photo's were taken a few days ago...but it's exactly what he was doing today.)
Well 5:00pm is approaching and I need to figure out what to make for dinner tonight. Keith is heading east (Ontario) tomorrow on business so Max and I have are going to make a list of fun things to do while he's gone.
Have a great evening!
OH! And the photo in the last post....JULI - You guessed it! It's the Olympic Oval in Richmond. It's the venue for the Speedskating events at the 2010 Winter Olympics. It's still under construction, but I noticed that they have the roof on now....I think I heard that they want to have it operational by this fall so that the athletes can begin their training there.
2 comments:
Hey Patti,
Did you get my email? I just created my own blog....it's neversaynever-steph.blogspot.com I will call you a call soon as it would be nice to chat with you. I've enjoyed reading your blog!
Stephanie Lebold(just in case you forgot who I was)
I see Max is doing very well at his Letters... I just found this cute video at Rogers for Erica that helps kids pronounce letters. It is Leapfrog and really cute. Just thought if might be good one if that is what Max is into learning! Take care and enjoy your week. Oh... I forgot to give you the Gymboree 25% off, if your heading there with Nancy on Thursday let me know and I will drop it by.
Post a Comment