Sunday, January 27, 2008

Seven on Sunday







Here's our weekend all wrapped up:

1. Pottery Barn. Anyone else a fan of this store?! Hands down, it's my favourite home decor store and man, if I could afford to, everything in my house would be from there. There's one on Granville street here in Vancouver. Saturday morning we decided to hit the road for the day. Our first stop was PB. I majorly scored on some Christmas stuff. In the end I spent about $50 in total and when I added up the regular prices on everything it came to over $240. Savings of $190! Things like a red velvet table runner with tassels on each end. Reg price was $88 and I got it for $20. Score! My two boys did pretty good in there...Max always thinks we're going to see "animals" there so it's a bit of a disappointment when he finds out there's nary a cow or sheep to be seen. (He gets it mixed up with Maplewood Farm which is a "hands-on" farm for kids to visit in our area.) While we were there, one of Keith's buddies called him and when he heard where we were he wondered if that's where you go to buy pot? Right. Boys!

2. Crescent Beach. I have always loved hanging out by the ocean. Somehow, it's just not the same when you're at a lake. There's something so relaxing about it...the smell of salt in the air...the sound of the waves...the tide going in and out...the sand & shells. That's one of the awesome perks of living where we do. Saturday afternoon we drove out to Crescent Beach (see photo's above). It was cold! The wind went right through us. But the tide was out so it was great for exploring purposes. We picked up shells and Max also collected driftwood...he was pretty intent on building a fire on the beach. Which we didn't do. He did have a nice little pile of wood collected though.

3. Snow.Got a dusting of snow (to be honest, it's more than a dusting - it's a light covering) Saturday afternoon and evening. It's still around today but melting rapidly. Made me smile when I saw everyone wearing big winter boots at church today - when you don't get snow very often, any little excuse will do!

4. Church. As mentioned above, we went to church this morning. The pastor is going through a series of sermons on witnessing and reaching out to others. It was also a communion service. Max came out of Sunday school carrying the cutest little "first aid" kit. He told us it's to give to someone when they aren't feeling well. Inside was gauze, band-aides, a drinking box, q-tips and a handful of hershey kisses!

5. Family Skating. We got our exercise this afternoon chasing Max around the ice at family skating. Or rather, he was busy chasing us! It wasn't crazy busy and crowded today like it is sometimes....great fun!

6. Job Site. It's been a while since Max and I have gone up to the jobsite with Keith to check out the progress. We headed over there after skating. Wow! Lots of progress on the buildings since the last time I was there. In fact, there was a new building that I had never seen before. They get more snow at the site so it was quite beautiful to see the trees covered in white.

7. Games. Max is really into playing games right now and pretend play. This morning he had all his stuffed dogs/cats/teddybears all line up in a row. It was the "Great Dog Race". He would take turns racing each one throughout the house. They were always changing positions in the race. Pretty cute to observe. We got the game "Trouble" at Christmas and that's been a huge hit with the little guy. It gets played ALOT around here. Also Candyland and Cariboo Cranium. I'm always on the lookout and open for suggestions on great kid board-games. I've been meaning to pick up "Operation". I know he'd LOVE that one. He loves the "Mousetrap" game...played it at someone else's house. But man. It's alot of setting up....not keen to get that one yet until he can do it on his own. If you have any suggestions - let me know!

1 comment:

jenn said...

We just need to come visit you guys! You have the best times!!!! Ohhh I LOVE the ocean too! ahhh yeah I hear you! Max is at a fun age! Enjoy it :) Love the pics!!!!