

There are only 13 more days left until Christmas. Not meaning to stress you out or anything. There are so many things we want to do and I'm worried how we are going to fit them into our schedule. I just need to relax and sit back and enjoy the season. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Easier said than done!
Monday was full of good things. First thing in the morning I had a great little chat with my dear friend Carol. So good to hear her voice and get caught up with her. Then we were off to a playdate at Nuala's house. She is one of Max's best friends from pre-school. The funniest thing was watching the two of them colour and draw pictures on paper. Why? Because the whole time, they were talking about how they were doing "essay's". Huh?! I'm pretty sure I didn't have a clue what essays were when I was four years old.
In the afternoon we worked on a long-awaited, highly-anticipated activity... making a gingerbread house. It was just a kit that I picked up at Michaels awhile back. I've always had pretty good luck with their gingerbread houses. The icing sticks and gets super hard which is always important when you want to limit frustration and ensure things stay stuck together. Didn't take any pictures of it yet. Better do that before the "mice" start getting at it. Or should I say "mouse"?! Max isn't interested in eating it. Fortunately he isn't tempted too much by candy. However, there is another Mr. Mouse in the house. In previous years I've noticed that certain elements seem to disappear in thin air as time goes by! In between waiting for the gingerbread house pieces to harden and the actual decorating of it with icing and candy, Max and I slipped out for an appointment with our naturopath. Just wanted to get Max in for a general checkup. The fall/winter season brings lots of colds and sickness, especially when you add in the preschool factor. I wanted to see if he could recommend anything to build up Max's immune system so he's able to fight the sickies. He gave us some echinecea drops to be taken once a week as well as a probiotic to help with digestion and the combination should also help him fight off colds quicker if he does get sick. I did the same thing last year and it really helped. So here's hoping it does the trick again. I enjoyed a few other telephone chats - my friend Wendy, and my sis LeeAnne and my SIL Sheila and my mom and that wrapped up a busy day.
Today wasn't much different in regards to being busy. We had a nice quiet morning at home. I had to make quite a few phone calls for the breakfast program that I'm involved with. So while I was on the phone, Max played with lego. He was pretending he was Santa Claus and he was building toys for boys and girls. His little creations were cute - there was a checkered flag (Nascar), a piano, a puppy dog, a red blanket, a submarine and a store that sold diggers. And all were made out of lego.
While the Maxter was a preschool in the afternoon I accomplished a ton of errands. Took another batch of clothes that Max has grown out of, into a local consignment store. Then I went and got my license renewed. Surprisingly it only took me about 20 minutes in total. Sometimes in those offices you can wait a looooong time before your number is called. Then I zipped to the mall to pick up a few Christmas presents and get a few groceries before racing back to the preschool to pick up my little man.
Once I picked him up we headed over the the Capilano Suspension Bridge to check out the Christmas lights. It was so beautiful!! It was a wonderland of lights and the entire suspension bridge was covered in lights too. Max was most impressed with "Santa's Sleigh" that was sitting in front of the gift shop. We have a membership there so I have a feeling that we'll be going back a few more times to walk around and enjoy the Christmas lights. I apologize for the quality of the photo's above - it's really hard to do justice to the lights.
We picked up a couple of Christmas movies on the way home and did something a bit unusual tonight. I made homemade pizza for dinner and we all ate it downstairs (we never eat in front of the TV so this was a pretty big deal!) while we watched Dennis the Menace Christmas. Cute movie!
My computer has been acting up AGAIN....and it wiped out my email this morning. Keith was able to get me back online tonight....but things are looking all wonky and now I'm using Microsoft Outlook which I'm not used to. Definately a creature of habit here...I don't like when things get changed on me! But at least I'm on-line again. Amazing how dependant we are on email!
1 comment:
love the photos! Max is so cute! So true....so much to do (or wanting to do) and no time :( We just need to relax and do what we can do :)
I find it worst this year with hockey consuming 1/2 the time!!!
Hope all is well and you get your computer woos figured out! lol I love when you blog about your day :)
xo
Post a Comment