Friday, December 14, 2007

Brown paper packages tied up with strings...


...these are a few of my favourite things!

While Max is at preschool, Santa's workshop is in full swing at our house. Yesterday after I dropped him off, I grabbed a coffee at Starbucks and went straight home. Turned on some Christmas music, lit some pretty candles, dragged ALL the (not just Max's) gifts out of their safe hiding places and started wrap-wrap-wrapping. Two hours later, they were all stashed back in their secret spots and I was heading out to pick up the Maxter. He was none the wiser. And can I just say what a good feeling it was to stroke that task off my to-do list?!

We had snowy-rain all day today. It started first thing this morning when we were heading over the arena for skating. It looked like it was snowing huge flakes, but by the time it hit the ground it was rain.

Today was one of those days where I was just running around doing errands and not feeling like I got much accomplished. Tomorrow I'm planning to stay home and hopefully get the house cleaned and laundry washed, folded and put away. Somehow I seem to stall on the "put away" part of laundry....always a challenge for me.

And now for something totally random. Have you heard the song "International Harvester" by Craig Morgan? Love it! Everytime I hear it on the radio I think of my brother Chad. And my brother Jonathan. And my brother Jesse. And of course, my dad. I think I need to see if we can get it on itunes. It's awesome! :-)

1 comment:

jenn said...

hehe Okay first off I'm soooooooo envious of your starbucks runs LOL I need one close to me ;) Second I'm envious of getting the gifts all wrapped! lol

Hope your having a fab weekend. We're excpecting snow here tonight :)