

What an exciting day...it's snowing here!!
When snow only falls 2 or 3 times during the winter months, it's definately something to get excited about.
My two boys headed outside later this morning intending to build a snowman. Alas....the snow is not the packing quality that is required for building Frosty. The little token snowman that Max is holding (first photo) is what they came up with. He's sitting on top of the climber in the backyard. Periodically throughout the day Max keeps checking to make sure he's "still there".
So while the snow was not good for snowman making...it was definately good for something else....sledding! We have a great hill at the end of our street that is just perfect for the kids to use. Keith & the Maxter were out there for a couple of hours with a bunch of the other neighbourhood kiddo's sliding like crazy. The parents all kept a watch out for cars (it's not a busy street) and someone brought out hot chocolate and cookies for everyone. If I haven't ever mentioned it before, I just need to say it now...I LOVE LOVE LOVE MY NEIGHBOURHOOD!!!
Around 1:30pm my rosey-cheeked little man rushed through the front door announcing it's "hot and sunny out there!" I said "really?!" Then he looked a bit confused and thought for a bit before saying "It's a hotdog day!!!" (He's been watching the Mickey Mouse Christmas DVD and Mickey is always saying HOTDOG!! So I think that's where it comes from.) Needless to say he had a blast outside! While they were outside, I was busy making holiday sugar cookies. Max arrived just in time to help use the cookie cutters for the last tray of cookies. And then he decorated a few as well. They turned out absolutely delish! You can pretty much taste the butter in them...yum-yum-yummy! I found the recipe in a magazine last night....on a page that's an advertisement that features a recipe and thought I'd try it. Mmmmm it's definately a keeper recipe!
Do you remember our saga with the lights that we hang outdoors every year and they don't work? I'm happy to report that our new lights are working just awesomely. We had a brainwave today to re-use the old lights (some of which work and some which don't) and hang them on our back deck along the railing. Keith hung them up this afternoon with zip-ties and they look so twinkly and sparkley outside our living room window - I love it! But of course we didn't have enough to do the whole deck because well...half of them don't work. And now it looks so awesome I want to do the whole deck. So shoot me now, but I might have to go and get another set or two so we can complete all the railings! LOL! Am I crazy? Ok...so you so don't have to answer that!
Max is fast asleep in his little bed, the snow is falling falling falling outside and I'm going to pop some popcorn and then join my hubby to watch Oceans 13. Happy December my friends!
2 comments:
I love where you live LOL Sounds awesome!!!!! Too cute that little snowman. Its blowing snow as i type this at 11:30pm here in ontario. Um...post the recipe my friend or at least email it to your fellow recipe freak..thanks ;) hehe
Oh and to answer you from my blog. Yeppers its was cold today about -13 out and the gingerbread house is already half gone. I don't mind. Its only good fresh lol
xo happy december :) YAY
Oh, yes! I want the recipe too. And the snow! At least you get snow there. I personally and working on a 3 year streak of no snow. We saw snow at my folks house in Christmas 2005, missed it when we drove home last year, and with baby Noah on the way, we won't be seeing any this year either. All I want for Christmas 2008 is SNOW!!
Post a Comment