






Hello my friends,
It's been a busy weekend filled with dinners and the 24 hour flu. Obviously one of those things we could have done without!
Friday evening we were invited to Larry & Sabrina's for a lovely dinner and visit. Larry is Keith's cousin and they live about 40 minutes away. Sabrina is an excellent cook...mmmmm! When we eat one of the meals she has prepared, I always tell Keith that it's just like going home to my mom's place for dinner. She's can pretty much duplicate my mama's cookin'! They just returned from some amazing travelling so we enjoyed hearing all about their adventures and seeing their awesome photo's. Unfortunately, Max was seriously out of sorts. I mean, like unbelieveably out of sorts. I almost couldn't believe the way he was acting...one of those moments where I was just highly embarrassed all night long. More on that later.
Saturday morning Keith and I both ventured out separately to do some Christmas shopping and errands. Max was with me. Well the entire time we were at the mall, he was carrying on with his "behaviour" of the previous night. To say I was feeling a bit frustrated inside is an understatement. After we got home in the afternoon I noticed that he was laying quietly on the couch. Something that never happens. I asked him what was wrong. And he said "my head hurts a bit". I picked him up and he was HOT. As in feverishly hot. Checking his temperature confirmed he was running a temperature so we gave him some tylinol and bathed his forehead with washclothes and thankfully it brought his temperature right back down. Obviously things started clicking and making a bit more sense on his behaviour of the previous 24 hours. As a parent you feel so terrible for not cluing in earlier that maybe he wasn't feeling well and that's why he was acting the way he was? You would think I would know this stuff by now!
Now, Max was very very concerned and worried that he would be going on the Christmas Train ride at Stanley Park that night. And Keith has just got back from picking up the tickets when we figured out he wasn't feeling well. Once the tylinol kicked in, someone was chatting and talking and BEGGING to go on the train ride. He was rather perky so we decided to go. At 4:00pm we bundled him up and away we went. We met a bunch of our friends who we were going on the ride with. Max throughly enjoyed the train and you would have never guessed that he was feeling a tad under the weather. But once the train ride was over with then he wanted to go back home. He was just so concerned about not missing out on the fun but once it was over with then he could let himself "relax" and be the sick little boy his body was telling him he was.
After the train ride, we were supposed to go to Nelson & Alice's house along with Laith & Hind and their 3 children and Gerry for a birthday/Christmas dinner. We decided to go for a little bit. Max curled up on a comfy chair while we were eating and he perked up again towards the end of the evening. It wasn't a late night - we left after dinner and were home at a decent hour. Max slept all night long and this morning he was his chipper little self. Thankfully it was just the 24 hour bout. And interestingly enough...last night my stomach started feeling uneasy.....and has been all day today. Keith has a headache today...so obviously we have a touch of what he had. Needless to say, we are just spending a lowkey day at home today (Sunday).
I just have to make mention of Nelson & Alice's house. WOW! Alice had it all decked out for Christmas. It was absolutely beautiful. Everywhere you looked she had festive touches. It was a dream come true for the kiddo's....almost like being at Santa's workshop! :-) I think you can get a bit of an idea from the photo's above. You just can't help but being happy and feeling the Christmas spirit when you are visiting in their home. She even had stockings all done up for the kids and for each couple. Now how sweet and thoughtful is that? (Let's just say we are all restocked on our stash of chocolate and candy!! Oh and two ornaments - Keith's was a Kasey Kahne Nascar ornament and mine was a Thomas Kinkade House ornament.)
So that's our weekend in a nutshell. Keith and I both agreed we're going to take echinecea and vitamin C this week to get our bodies boosted up. The last thing we need is to get sick over Christmas with the travel plans that we have in place. Travelling over the holidays can be stressful enough without adding in the sickness factor! :-)
3 comments:
Next time your in the states (or maybe you have it in Vancouver?)pick a product called Airborne. Its sold at the counter of drugstores or even walmart. Its awesome. Its like coldfx only better. I have a supply! I'm taking some now because of crap going around.
Don't be hard on yourself...your one of the best mommies I know! I get the same with my kids without realizing something else is wrong!
LOVE her house! OMGOSH that is FABULOUS!!!!!
Love ya lots!
j
Yeah, I'm the same way with Asa. David and I will look at each other shaking our heads wondering where our sweet little boy went, thinking the Terrible Twos have really kicked in. By day three of Mr. Out of Sorts, he spikes a fever!
The same thing has happened to me Patti. Hope everything is okay today. The reindeer food is super simple. I just mixed oatmeal with sparkles I got from Michael's.Pop it into a bag and add the tag. The kids had fun doing it and it is so easy. Give it a try. Have a great Monday!
Post a Comment