
I wouldn't be able to survive without my lists. In fact, at this time of year I have lists of lists. Nothing compares to that sense of satisfaction as I check things off!
Our family seems to be officially over the flu. So thankful it was only the 24 hour variety. Keith never did come down with anything so all is good.
Max slept in until 9:45 this morning (that RARELY happens). I made sure it was quiet around here so that he would get all the sleep possible. Needless to say, I got a late start to my morning schedule. The shower is next to his bedroom. I held off with my own morning routine until he woke up on his own. I knew the sound of the water running would wake him up! So considering everything was delayed this morning and I got a rather late start to my day - I still got alot of things crossed off my lists.
* Finished up ALL the outstanding Christmas shopping while Max was at preschool. In a word, how could I describe the mall? Ummmmm...madhouse, perhaps?! Glad I don't have to go back there anymore.
* Gift-wrapped everything and stuffed the stockings.
* Organized all the gifts that will be heading "home" with us and coordinated the gift wrap or gifts bags for each. That's a way bigger job than it sounds.
* Booked our flights and hotels for our vacation in March. Yippee! :-)
* Updated the January & February schedule for the breakfast program that I help out with. Huge relief to get that off my shoulders.
* Mailed a couple of packages that have been sitting here a while - patiently waiting for someone to actually get them to the post office.
* Folded a never-ending pile of laundry, which now needs to be put away.
You know what I'm really enjoying this year? All the Christmas movies they are showing on TV at night. Sunday night we watched "The Christmas Shoes". This is the first time I've ever seen it. So many people have recommended it. But why did no one warn me how sad it was?! I had tears streaming down my cheeks nonstop. If Keith wouldn't have been watching it with me, I would have been sobbing uncontrollably. It's a good movie - just a bit sadder than I was expecting. Have a box of tissues close by if you are planning to watch it!
This weekend, the Vancouver Sun had a collection of Christmas music that you could download for free for a limited time. How sweet is that?! Got 'em on Keith's ipod. Love listening to them....everything from Sarah McLachlan to Jars of Clay to the Barenaked Ladies. I'm not a big fan of the BNL....but I have to say that I love their version of "God Rest ye Merry Gentlemen"!
I've been meaning to take some photo's of what christmas looks like around our house. Over the next few days I'll try to get the pictures taken and then I'll post them. In the meantime, you'll have to make do with another picture of the tree and some of the cards that have arrived in the mail. You'll have to see if you can spot your card! :-)
1 comment:
Hope you get my card before xmas!!!!! Your place looks great! Glad your all feeling better too! I'm hanging in here...one day at a time right now.
Post a Comment