Monday, December 24, 2007

O Holy Night


First of all, Thanks to everyone who left a comment on the "100th post". I loved reading everyone's Christmas memories. I thought it was interesting that most of the memories took place very very early in your lives. So while we're on the topic - I'll quickly share a favourite memory or two of mine as well. I remember this moment very clearly in my mind. I was either 3 or 4. Christmas Eve day I went to the fridge, grabbed a big bunch of carrots and placed them outside the front door. Later that afternoon I went to check on them and they were gone. I cried for my mom to come and asked her where the carrots were. She immediately wondered why they were out there in the first place. And I replied that they were for Santa's reindeer! We must have put them back out on the porch - although I don't remember what happened after that. And here's one more memory from my early years. I was 3 years old. (Although my mom thinks I might have been 2) Everyone was asking me what Santa brought me for Christmas. And I would reply...well I got this...and this....and this....BUT NO CANDY CANES! (I pronounced Candy Canes "Candy Cans"). My mom was just mortified because I told EVERYONE and ANYONE that Santa didn't bring me Candy Cans. Meanwhile, I had just received so many lovely toys and my parents had gone to great lengths to make it a great Christmas. How could they know that apparently Christmas was all about Candy Canes?! Silly little girl I was. (I made sure to put Candy Canes on our tree this year so I don't fall into the same trap with Max. LOL!)

So without further ado....let's pick a winner!
Pulling one name out of a santa hat.....
*****drumroll please*******

JULIE!!

It's your lucky day! Your goodie package will arrive in the New Year...it's a bit tricky to find a post office that's open at this hour and in the next few days! (Julie is (im?)patiently awaiting the arrival of her second child...Here's hoping that he (yes, it is a boy!) arrives on my birthday!)

Shortly we are going to sit down to a Christmas Eve dinner of snackie-snacks & appetizers. Tonight, our church has a Christmas eve service at 7:00pm. We also rented "The Nativity" - Keith and I are looking forward to watching it tonight once the munchkin goes to bed. Which could take a while. Depending on the excitement level. Oh and if you're wondering about the cookies above - those are the reindeer sugar cookies that will be awaiting Santa later tonight. All three of us had fun making them!

From our family to yours...Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! May your Christmas be filled with the love and laughter of family and friends and the peace that only comes from Him - the greatest Christmas gift of all! See you after the holidays in 2008!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Yeah!!! I'm thrilled! You'll have to keep watching my blog. I think I will pay it forward on my 300th post in a few months.
I'll be awaiting my special treat with almost as much anticipation as I have waiting for this next little bundle of joy to arrive! We are getting closer and closer to your birthday...