We have been asking ourselves what in the world we will do with ourselves after Sunday when there are no more Olympics to watch?!
This is one of Max's favourite little perch's to watch the games...

It doesn't take long for him to attempt the same things he's watching....like snowboard cross...

Various family members have popped in to join us. Especially on men's hockey nights...

Things get pretty intense...

Until a goal is scored in favour of Canada...


Max usually plays hockey while watching hockey. I think that's such a little boy thing!

Max was completely out of sorts after school yesterday. He cried as we walked home through the school yard because he thought there was too much snow. And he was too tired to walk. Then he cried while we worked on his homework. He didn't feel like doing subtraction and he was tired of it. He cried when we had to do his reading. He only ate half of his snack. He settled in to watch some olympics and was really quiet. No cheering. No yelling. No running to give me periodic updates. I made his favourite pancakes for dinner last night. When he came to the table to eat, he told me he was freezing cold and only ate two bites. A quick check of his forehead...burning hot. A nice 102 degrees burning hot. So we called Keith to stop and pick up some tylinol on his way home from work and I put cold washcloths on his forehead. Totally explains the out of sortness he had been having. And I felt so bad that I hadn't clued in earlier that he was not feeling well. It totally came out of the blue though....He fell asleep on his little red chair during the first period of men's hockey last night. And woke up this morning at 9:30. Fit as a fiddle and feeling mighty fine. Weird, huh? It left as fast as it came. Here's the little snoozer... (I should mention that he rarely ever, pretty much never ever does this....fall asleep while watching TV.)

Last night LeeAnne stayed overnight with us. She had a little incident with her car and extremely icy roads and another vehicle which swerved in front of her because of icy roads. Her poor little car. She's fine though and that's the important thing. Keith was driving right by the scene on his way home from work so he just picked her up and brought her to our place. It was extremely late by the time the men's hockey game was over...and then we started watching men's 4 man bobsleigh....and yeah...it was a late one.
This morning I drove her to get her rental car in town so it all worked out just fine. Then I went to Zehrs to get groceries. At 12:30pm on a Saturday. Whatever possessed me, I do not know. UGH. WHAT A ZOO. Max was good as gold though so that really helped.
This afternoon we attempted to put up blinds in the upstairs. I had ordered them in from Sears and they all arrived. Keith put up the first one. They are HORRIBLE. AWFUL. The slats aren't straight, they are flimsy and basically they look like cheap garbage. So I'll be returning them all and probably going back to ordering the other brand I was debating between. The other ones are roughly $20 - $30 cheaper per blind (go figure) and much better quality. The only reason I didn't order them was because the one blind we need is backordered until May 15. I guess we'll just have to wait it out.
Well, we will be heading out shortly to the Kitchener Aud. Keith got tickets for some extreme quads on ice thing tonight. I have no idea. Keith is pumped. Max is pumped. And that's all that matters! :-)
Enjoy your weekend and make it a good one!
No comments:
Post a Comment