Tuesday, February 9, 2010

One of those weeks....

It's been one of those weeks. That I wish would just go away. Or at the very least, that I could rewind and start over. Nothing seems to be going right and now this morning I woke up with a sore throat. A nice splitting headache arrived around lunchtime today. I'm taking lots of echinecea. Drinking lots of tea. And this probably explains a bit why my week has been off...I'm obviously fighting something.

Ah well. No griping allowed, right? right!

Valentines is just around the corner. Our decorations are up. Crafts have been busily worked on after school. It's nice having a scrapbooking stash of stuff to raid...has come in mighty handy when a certain little someone has a bee in his bonnet about making decorations. And here he is, hard at work....


Max loves going to lacrosse on Monday nights. Keith meets up with us there after work with coffees in hand. It's a nice little time for the two of us to get caught up while watching Max progress with his lacrosse skills.
 

Tuesday morning both the grade one classes went skating at the rec centre at 10:00am. I had signed up to help tie skates. This is a tiny example of how everything has seemed to go this week...I was running late and in a definite hurry as I drove over to the rec centre. Breathed a big sigh of relief when I realized I was following the school bus of kids. Wasn't as late as I thought I was. Pulled up to a nice drive-through parking spot. In the process of hopping out of my vehicle it hit me... I had completely forgotten to bring Max's skating gear with me. It was still sitting by the front door, all packed and ready to go. Heart failure. No choice but to go back home and get it. Sooner rather than later. Thankfully we don't live overly far away. I probably broke a few speed limits there and back. I rushed into the change room. And there was Max sitting forlornly on the bench with a few last stragglers waiting to get their skates tied. "I thought you forgot me. I was almost ready to cry." he told me. Awwwww. Break my heart. The very thing that I never ever wanted to happen. I gave him a big hug and we quickly got his skates on and he raced off to join his friends. Whew!

Thankfully, there's always hot chocolate, plenty of whipped cream and sprinkles to make everything all better at the end of the day!


I did manage to get my Ontario drivers license this week and plates for the trailblazer. It feels good to finally have everything processed and resolved. And what a process it was!

Are you excited about the Vancouver 2010 Olympics? We sure are in this house!! Today the torch is passing through our old neighbourhood and stomping grounds - it'll be going along Montroyal and through Edgemont Village and I think Lynn Valley as well. All our friends are going to be along the route cheering it on. I'll be watching the news tonight to see if I glimpse any familiar faces. Wouldn't that be exciting?! :-)

No comments: