Monday, February 15, 2010

Be Mine

Did you have a happy valentines weekend?

Ours was sweet indeed! Lots of fun things going on right now....Valentines.....Olympics....Daytona 500....Family Day....so much to pick and choose from.

Max had his Valentines Party at school on Friday. We decorated 22 cherry flavoured cupcakes for his class.

His valentines of choice this year were "G-Force" (the movie) and we attached each one to a package of Fun Dip. Remember that stuff? I'm not so enthused about it anymore. But when I was a little girl, I loved it.

Here he is after school with his very specially decorated Valentine Bag...

Checking out all the loot (and there was alot of it!)...

While Max was at school and Keith was at work, I "heart attacked" the kitchen. Both were very surprised. Max was especially pleased. It's very simple to do. Cut a zillion red and pink hearts from construction paper and stick all over the room. Very festive and then some!

This is the best part about the heart attack. I wandered in the kitchen on Saturday afternoon and caught Max like this...

He had a marker and was intently writing messages in the hearts. Some were ever so sweet and cute. As in "I love you" and "xoxoxox". One read "olimpx" (olympics). Others had little poems he made up very randomly "mom is mad. bad is sad. and that's hott." SAY WHAT?!!! Keith and I both howled over that one! We soon joined him and wrote little love messages all over the hearts.

Here's an example of his "rockstar" valentine....

Opening up some little Valentines presents....


Check out my beautiful valentines bracelet handmade by the Maxter. I LOVE the googly eyes on it. A one-of-a-kind for sure!


Our lowkey little Valentines dinner which has a tradition of it's own. Spaghetti and ceasar salad. I know, I know. Nothing special. But we don't eat spaghetti that often and it just so happens we usually have it on Valentines day. Always followed up by chocolate covered strawberries (YUM!) and this year vanilla gelato. (DOUBLE YUM!)

Daily Devotions...In the past week, Max has started reading the scripture verses during our daily devotions. It takes alot longer. But he's doing well. And he's so excited about it. I can't believe how fast he's growing up! (Beautiful roses from Keith. He spoils me every year even though I tell him not to. He's a sweetie!)

Family Valentines photo thanks to LeeAnne...

Lots of Olympics watching going on here. Wasn't that exciting watching Alexandre Bilodeau win Canada's first gold last night? WOW!! :-) GO CANADA!!!!!!

1 comment:

Thoughts and Feelings of Juli said...

I love this post - gotta love all the hearts around the place and then with the notations Max thinks up. Kids really do know how to entertain us adults don't they?