Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The making of a snowman, et cetera

In our family, we average one snowman per year. Which is pretty good considering the majority of the past few years were spent in a city that rarely sees snow. And also, the fact that I detest snow so even bundling up for the sole purpose of going out to make a snowman is akin to pure torture for me. It was almost looking like a snowman was not going to be in the picture this year. But then Saturday arrived. There was no hockey scheduled for Max. The three of us were home with nothing pressing. The temps weren't bad and the snow appeared to be of the packing variety. So Keith and Max took advantage.



They found out that the snow wasn't actually that great for packing once they started making Mr. Snowman. But they persevered. I had picked up a snowman kit at Zehrs a while ago which included the felt hat, scarf, carrot nose, eyes, mouth and buttons. I think he turned out pretty cute!



But he was missing something. Arms. No worries. Off they truck to the woods to find some accessories...



That's better...


And then my little canuck disappeared for a moment and quickly re-appeared with a hockey stick. "Think I can play some hockey with him mom?" Go ahead buddy!

After the one-sided hockey game, Max left him with the hockey stick. Maybe he can get some practicing in while Max is at school.

Saturday evening the three of us went to the Kitchener Aud to watch some extreme ice racing thing with bikes and quads. Unfortunately I got sick... I don't have allergies and not many things bug me. Except for the smell of gas and oil. You know that "garage/workshop" smell? I have never been able to handle it. It wasn't strong but it was still there...and as soon as we sat down I was like "oh noooooo...." Halfway through I felt a headache coming on and my throat was starting to get sore. By the end, I had a cold. Isn't that crazy? The good thing is it only lasted about 24 hours so by early Sunday evening I was back to normal. But in between I felt less than stellar. I call it a "chemical cold" because the fumes from certain chemicals literally give me a instantaneous cold. Ah well...it was an evening for my boys anyway! :-)

Here are a few photos from the evening...


Throughout the evening, this little guy managed to charm out of his dad a slice of pizza, bag of chips and a big bag of cotton candy. (He really did have dinner before we went.) Hmmmmm. I can guarantee you he wouldn't have charmed that junk out of me! LOL!



No comments: