Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The view from my kitchen window...

Over the past week, I have enjoyed this view from my kitchen sink...

Not exactly desirable, eh? Keith is feeling better and well on the road to recovery. Today is the first day that he went back to work since coming down the the flu last Friday. He went in for a few hours and from there he's heading out to Calgary for the rest of the week...he's assured me he will be careful and take it easy while he's gone. Max and I didn't catch it so far and I'm hoping it will stay that way. One case in our house was more than enough.

Getting back to the view from my kitchen window...if you look beyond all the medicines and vitamins that line the windowsill, the view isn't too bad.  :-) (See photo below.)  Sunday afternoon the weather was mighty fine. Max and I needed to get out. First thing I knew, he had dug out his little rake from the garden shed and was raking leaves in a pile to jump in.


Max absolutely LOVES his knights hoodie. He proudly wears it and it's definitely his hoodie of choice to wear when we are outdoors. :-)


Here he is busily raking. Oh that sweet little rake. I think we bought it at GardenWorks just after we moved to North Van...Max was so little at the time and the rake was so ginormous. Now it's reversed...looks like we'll have to see about upgrading to a bigger rake for him next year...


Diligently removing the leaves from the rake when they get stuck on the prongs...


All done mom! The gloves come off....let the fun begin!


The next photos aren't the greatest so bare with me. I was just trying to capture a sweet moment in time and wasn't worrying too much about anything else.

On your mark, get set....GO! Here he comes racing for the adorable leaf pile that he raked all by himself...


And JUMP!


Hmmmm. That experience was less than satisfactory. Better rake some more leaves on the pile. And what you don't see was at this point, I was enlisted to help with the raking too...


All right. Let's try this again....



Much better! Those extra leaves courtesy of mom really helped!



Yaaaay for jumping in leaf piles and throwing them in the air....is there any other fall activity that tops it? I think not!


Yeah for Happy Happy Happy Fall and our sweet little 6 year old Max! :-)

No comments: