Just in case you're starting to worry that I'll never finish posting pictures about this trip...let me assure you we are on the homestretch. There really wasn't too much going on in Saskatchewan. Don't even get me started on Manitoba. We did a full day of driving on Tuesday when we left Brooks...drove straight through Saskatchewan and camped in Manitoba that night. I have no idea where....it was the middle of nowhere. And racoons tried to get into our cooler and bbq that night. They were really bold. I had to wake up Keith and get him to move everything inside. Then they let us alone. That's what I remember about Manitoba.
Don't get me wrong. I'm sure there are tons of beautiful things to see and fun things to do in either province. But we didn't have time to stop and check them out. All we could do was drive down the Trans Canada Highway. That highway really isn't very exciting or picturesque. And we had already driven through two provinces by this point. So the driving thing was starting to get a bit old. Do you think I'm cut out to be a trucker? Hmmmmm. I'm thinking probably no. :-)
There really wasn't very much to take pictures of. I was bored silly as we were driving along....and I had a new camera I was dying to use. Any photos I did take meant I saw something truly "exciting" as we zoomed down the highway. Things like grain elevators. They were plentiful!

This pretty much sums up what Saskatchewan looks like in my mind...

Now and then we would spy one of these nifty little rigs... wouldn't it be nice to have one of these on a corner of your property? I wouldn't say no to that.

Every once in a while we would stop at a rest area for a restroom break and a chance to stretch our legs. Max loved these stops...

But it was a different story when it was time to get back in the truck and head out. Then watch the storm cloud roll in over his face.

Oh yes...more excitement. A grain elevator. Looks deserted, doesn't it? 

At one point we drove through an area that looked like this. Any ideas as to what it was? We have no idea. It wasn't snow. And it wasn't salt. It looked like snow. But it definitely wasn't. Some type of mineral?? I dunno...

Grain elevator. Check.

How about some variety instead of just elevators. Trains anyone? Every once in a while we would pass by one rumbling down the tracks beside us.

Can't forget about the bugs. MY GOODNESS! Our truck was just one mess. I have another photo that's closer up. But I won't gross you out with it.

And that concludes Saskatchewan. Now for the Manitoba photos.
And that concludes Manitoba.
Wait. What's that?
You can't see any photos?
Oh. Well that would be because I didn't take any. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. At all.
By the time we hit the Manitoba border, I was just about at my limit with driving. Which isn't a good thing because we were still quite a ways from our destination. We had a bunch of full driving days in this stretch and there wasn't anything to see. Much less take pictures of. So you'll just have to take my word for it that we did drive through that province.
One thing I have to say is that up until we hit the Ontario border, we did have absolutely FABULOUS weather. Hot, sunny and just beautiful temperatures. We couldn't have asked for better camping weather.
Until we hit Ontario. And then we got into rain and wind and freezing temperatures. What's up with that anyway? I guess that was right on par for the Ontario summer of 2009!
No comments:
Post a Comment