Friday, November 13, 2009

Random Act of Kindness


Did you know that it's Happy Random Act of Kindness Day today?

I didn't.

Until I went to buy a coffee at Second Cup. The gentleman behind me stepped up and told the barista that the coffee was on him. Then he handed me a little Random Act of Kindness card and told me that I had to pass it along to someone else and do something kind and completely random to them and keep it going. Well how nice was that?! Sounds hokey and all. But you know what? It completely made my day! Which makes me stop and ask myself why I don't do random acts of kindness every day. Surely I shouldn't have to wait for a "special day" to do little things like that for friends and strangers alike? It's given me some food for thought. And now, I'm off to pick up Max at school and together we're going to figure out how we can use that little card to make someone else's day!

And just in case you were wondering why I was buying coffee at Second Cup. Well, I was chatting with my sweet friend Carol this morning and she nicely reminded me that it's the 30% off friends and family sale at Gap and Old Navy this weekend (starting today). And if you're at the Fairview location...just a few doors down, Mexx is also having 30% off their entire store this weekend (coincidence? I think not!). When I was making my purchase at the Gap today, I was given another coupon for 40% off on regular priced items on Wednesdays leading up to Christmas in December. But you need that special little card...which I think you can only get when you make a purchase? I think.  Happy shopping my friends! And thanks for the reminder Carol!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm soooo jealous! The closest GAP is now 2.5 hours away. I used to love those Friends and Families Day and was usually there when the doors opened!***Sigh*** Hope you scored a few deals!