
This is the day the moving company arrived to pack and box up all our belongings. It was a blazing hot Kelowna day with temps hovering in the high 30's. The packers arrived at 9:00am. Based on past moving experiences, (our last move was less then a year earlier and we certainly didn't accumulate that much extra stuff within the past year) I figured that they would be finished by 1:00pm or so...2:00pm at the absolute latest.
OH.MY GOSH.
How wrong I was. How very very very very wrong.
But before I get into that, let's see how we kept occupied during the day. Max had a playdate first thing in the morning with his little friend Brandon. Keith was working outside on the patio (since the house was being packed up) and I ran a few little last minute errands that morning. At noon, I picked up Max and we went to my friend Christine's house for lunch and a playdate with her little girls - Jenna and Ava. We were planning to hit the beach all afternoon to try to keep cool. But at the last minute, our friend Tammy stopped by and invited us over to their pool. Well....can't say no to that! And I have to say that we had an absolutely splashtastic afternoon at Tammy's house... good times for sure...and a nice way to say good-bye to our special friends.






Later that afternoon, we dried off, gave lots of good-bye hugs and headed back to the house. Certain that the packers would be all done, we could start cleaning the house and then the three of us could go out for a nice leisurely dinner.
Ha. Ha. Ha.
We got back to the house and the packers were no where NEAR FINISHED. They were STILL working on the kitchen. Sloooooooow as molasses.
I was soooooooo antsy. I just wanted it to be all over and done with.
Keith started helping the packers. I took Max for a little walk to the park at the end of our street.

It was so hot out though. Too hot to be outside. So we didn't stay very long.
We went back to the house and hung out on the front porch and in the front yard...

The poor packers were getting the message that we were impatient and wanting this to be done. So finally around 6:30 they were finishing up. We told them we would do the last few boxes. We just wanted them to be done and gone. But wait. We weren't done. Now Keith had to go over to the storage unit with them and unlock it and make sure everything in the locker was packed good enough. We decided that I would take Max to Walmart to pick up a few things while Keith was at the storage unit. And from there we would meet at Montana's for dinner. Well...we did finally meet for dinner....at 8:30 that night. We were all hot and tired and exhausted and sick of the moving process by that time. But you know, a nice little dinner was able to restore the good humour back in all of us! To put things in perspective, when we moved from Vancouver to Kelowna, the three packers packed up our ENTIRE house in 3 hours flat. Less then a year later, it took three packers almost 12 hours to pack the same things and we still ended up finishing the last few boxes. A bit frustrating to say the least.

No comments:
Post a Comment