





Thought I would take a break from posting Christmas photo's and talk about beating the winter blahs and other randomness...
Have the winter doldrums set in with you too? I heard on the radio today that we're at something like day 17 (million trillion billion it seems!) of being socked in with fog. It's been very very very dull and grey every every every day around here. Everything is various shades of dirty white and grey. Not very appealing to say the least.
Yesterday I popped into the grocery store to pick up a few things we needed. And that's when I spy'd them....tulips! They didn't have a very large selection, but I was almost crying with happiness when I saw them. I snapped up three little bundles of them and out the door I went. I love tulips in the winter. They add instant brightness to any room and make you forget about winter grumpies for a while! :-)
We've started getting into the Valentines spirit around here too. I picked up a whole bunch of craft supplies, valentines day goodies, (yes, a bit of chocolate snuck itself in my shopping basket...not sure how...)and got out our Valentines books to read and hung up a few little decorations. A nice little break from regular winterness.
The best surprise of all showed up yesterday afternoon in the mailbox. Max received a package from one of his best friends in North Van - Jack. Inside the package were photo's, a card, yummy homemade chocolate cookies and a kid's hot chocolate mug. But not just any mug. Oh no! Check out the last two photos....it's a personalized mug - with a photo of Max and Jack on it. It's so stinking cute!!!! Jack introduced Max to the joys of hot chocolate served in a kid's sized mug a few years ago and he's been hooked since. We talked to Jack and his mom on the phone yesterday and found out that Jack has a mug with the same photo on it. So cute!! And it's being used for everything from water, to milk to hot chocolate. The new favourite that brings smiles to our faces everytime we see it! :-)
Well, Max and I are having a "big break" this afternoon and are going to watch a movie. Keith is in Vancouver for the next few days so we're just going to relax and veg out this afternoon before dinner.
4 comments:
Those tulips brighten my day!
I LOVE the tulips!! So bright and springy!! That mug from Jack is soo adorable too! How cute!
Love ya
Legs
Hey! did you just change your signature C'est la vie photo?? I liked the flower one but this one is cute and very seasonal too!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxox
legs
I love the tulips! LOVE THEM and that mug! OMGOSH how cute!!! Perfect!
Post a Comment